Digital Partnership Marketing Manager
JobTitle: Digital Partnership Marketing Manager
City: SAN BRUNO
The Walmart.com team is here to provide amazing digital and physical experiences for our customers – with seamless access to products and services they want. Marketplace allows us to present an even wider array of vendor products on Walmart.com and beyond. Behind the scenes, e-commerce experts are focused on category growth, program management, business development, and seller onboarding. We continuously strive to deliver incredible selection, ease, and e-commerce innovation to customers.
The Marketing team brings the Walmart brand to life with an unmatched level of ingenuity, collaboration and a customer-centric focus. Our team of strategists, designers, writers, producers and art directors orchestrate online engagement opportunities that drive conversion, loyalty and repeat visits among 1.5 billion customers globally. It’s something we’re proud to hang our creative hat on.
The Category Manager, Partnership Marketing, is a critical team member responsible for building strategic marketing partnerships with some of the world’s largest brands. If you’re interested in and excel at building great relationships with brands, creative solutions to advertising problems, and investigating new solutions in ad tech you’ll be a great fit!
At Walmart, we enable the connection between brands and consumers at unprecedented scale. As primary stewards of our brand promise, “Save Money. Live Better,” we work alongside some of the most talented people in the world to engage with the 90MM unique customers who shop with us online each month. This is a unique opportunity to join a small, high-visibility team within the largest company in the world. In addition to our leading eCOM platform which enables point-of-purchase advertising opportunities, we utilize the world’s largest retail database to build media efficiencies and drive aligned business goals with best-in-class targeting and reporting. Growth for our advertising business is key to Walmart’s overall growth strategy.
The Category Manager works directly with Walmart suppliers and is responsible for developing comprehensive digital marketing plans with Walmart’s suite of ad products. We pride ourselves in a consultative style, acting as financial advisors to our partners. Balancing the priorities of Walmart (Merchandising, Site Experience, Marketing) and Brands’ (Media Agencies, Analytics, Shopper Marketing, Brand Management, Leadership) makes this role both challenging and exciting. In addition, they lead teams at 3rd party agencies to grow these relationships, execute, and expand our advertising capabilities at Walmart.com. This individual is critical to meeting our ad revenue, category-level traffic, and retail sales goals. Ideal applicants are ambitious and goal-oriented.
The team moves fast and believes that the best way to work is as a team and be a true partner. The person we choose for this position will be responsible for digital advertising solutions that will be viewed by millions of people every day. We think that's a pretty awesome opportunity.
- Talented in understanding industry direction, key trends, customer needs, and competitive positioning
- Thrives in a fast-paced dynamic environment, adept at dealing with ambiguity, has strong communication and presentation skills; comfortable leading conversations at all levels within an organization in order to communicate Walmart’s value proposition, the details of Walmart’s display advertising, performance, and brand vehicles, targeting capabilities, and reporting suite
- Identifies, defines, and SOLVES problems – considers oneself able to come up with creative solutions to marketing problems
- Strategic thinker who uses data to make key decisions – likely developed through experience at a leading digital agency, ad tech firm, brand marketing organization or a leading retailer
- Provides subject matter expertise in several or all of these key areas: ad tech, retail marketing, big-data usage, digital media, marketing strategy
- Experience influencing media spending based on knowledge of shopper insights, customer experience, and brand expectations; able to drive growth and new opportunities across managed categories
- Able to manage many, varying, internal and external relationships (often with slightly differing priorities!)simultaneously while providing an excellent level of service
- Knowledge of buying and merchandising principles which underpin Walmart.com strategic growth plans
- Manages annual plan(s) for one or more key segments; drives ad revenue growth across one or more key categories
- Understands display and performance ad products/models, current targeting models, and details of digital and retail-media reporting capabilities
- Coordinates, completes, and oversees job-related activities and assignments
- Ensures compliance with company policies and procedures and supports company mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity
- Bachelor s degree in Business, Communications, or related field and 3 years experience in marketing or related field OR 5 years experience in marketing or related field.
Additional Preferred Qualifications
- 1 year experience managing cross-functional teams.
- 1 year of supervisory experience.
- 2 years experience in online marketing.
- 2 years experience managing vendor contracts and relationships.
- 3 years experience in direct or indirect retail marketing, including product marketing and brand management.
- Master's degree in Business Administration or related field.
Walmart Global eCommerce is comprised of Walmart.com, VUDU, SamsClub.com, and our technical powerhouse @WalmartLabs. Here, innovators incubate next gen e-commerce solutions in real-time. We integrate online, physical, and mobile shopping experiences for billions of customers around the globe. How do we do it? We continuously build and invest in new technology including open source tools and big data innovations. Data scientists, front and back-end engineers, product managers, and web and UX/UI teams collaborate alongside e-commerce experts to envision, prototype, and bring revolutionary ideas to life in a dynamic, flexible and fun work culture.