Director, Actuary (Individual Annuities)
Job Code: 380658
Job Location: New Jersey-Newark
The individual will be an integral part of the Individual Annuity Financial Modeling within the Individual Annuities (IA) Actuarial department. This team is responsible for researching, developing, and maintaining financial models that support various production processes within the IA business. The various processes include Statutory & GAAP valuation, Planning & Forecast, Asset Liability Management, Asset Adequacy Testing, and other processes. The team is in the process of converting multiple models into a single GGY AXIS platform. It is a very dynamic team and its functions are critical to the success of the IA business.
This individual will need to interact with various areas and may lead 1-2 people. This individual is responsible for
· Develop models for new initiatives and new regulatory requirements including valuation and forecasting models.
· Lead Asset Adequacy Testing work (AAT) including analysis and explanation of model results, enhancement of asset modeling capabilities and documenting.
· Foster a collaborative work environment.
· Understand business related aspects of the model and become a subject matter expert on all aspects of financial modeling including model calculations as well as development change management processes.
· Work and communicate regularly with other teams such as Valuation, Forecasting, Corporate Actuarial and ESFS (Enterprise Services and Financial System).
· Analyze and explain model results.
· Ad hoc research and model development.
· Strong modeling experience with any financial modeling software is required.
· Strong quantitative and analytical skills.
· Strong financial/modeling knowledge (GAAP, SOP 03-01, Statutroy and ALM).
· Must be resourceful and proactive in resolving questions/issues.
· Must be able to communicate technical concepts to a wide range of audience.
· At least 5 years or experience in the insurance industry (i.e. life, annuities &retirements).
· Experience with GGY AXIS is a plus.
· Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
· Highly motivated individual.
· Able to work in a team environment and ability to manage.
· Actuarial credentials – ASA or FSA is required.
Prudential is a multinational financial services leader with operations in the United States, Asia, Europe, and Latin America. Leveraging its heritage of life insurance and asset management expertise, Prudential is focused on helping individual and institutional customers grow and protect their wealth. The company's well-known Rock symbol is an icon of strength, stability, expertise and innovation that has stood the test of time. Prudential's businesses offer a variety of products and services, including life insurance, annuities, retirement-related services, mutual funds, asset management, and real estate services.
We recognize that our strength and success are directly linked to the quality and skills of our diverse associates. We are proud to be a place where talented people who want to make a difference can grow as professionals, leaders, and as individuals. Visit www.prudential.com to learn more about our values, our history and our brand.
Prudential is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Note that this posting is intended for individual applicants. Search firms or agencies should email Staffing at email@example.com for more information about doing business with Prudential.
Job Function: Actuarial