Director, Actuary (International Insurance~Solvency)
Job Code: 378118
Job Location: New Jersey-Newark
For more than 135 years, Prudential Financial Inc. has helped individual and institutional customers grow and protect their wealth. Today, we are one of the world's largest financial services institutions with operations in the United States, Asia, Europe, and Latin America. We also have one of the most recognized and trusted brand symbols: The Rock ®, an icon of strength, stability, expertise, and innovation. For more information, visit www.prudential.com.
Prudential International Insurance (PII) continues to be one of Prudential's fastest growing and most profitable business groups. PII has operations in eleven countries around the world (Japan, South Korea, Taiwan, Malaysia, India, Chile, Brazil, Argentina, Mexico, Poland, and Italy) and is looking to fill a new Director position in the Actuarial department in Newark, New Jersey.
The Director, Actuary position is responsible for taking lead or support roles in various Solvency II or IFRS related projects over the globe, and also supporting various special projects. This position is highly visible and strategic, and plays a key role in PII Actuarial by partnering with the local operations, various enterprise and domestic counterparties. This position will report to the team lead of Risk, Capital and IFRS unit.
Primary responsibilities include
• Act as the subject matter experts within PII for global wide emerging new regulation regimes such as IFRS 4 Phase 2, Solvency II, IAIS, and US Fed regulation
• Support international operations in managing the development of actuarial models and analytical tools for the implementation and reporting of new regulatory regimes.
• . Review production results for various capital or valuation projects and provide timely, accurate and insightful analysis
• Learn Prudential’s internal risk and capital framework and assist the implementation
• Collaborate and communicate regularly with other teams such as Pricing, Assumption, Corporate Actuarial, Finance, Portfolio Management, and ERM for IFRS and Solvency II related initiatives
• Lead work streams and drive all projects to a successful completion.
Examples of special strategic projects
• Support other model build initiatives driven by changes in internal and external capital frameworks, or changes in accounting frameworks
• Support M&A projects
• A minimum of 5 years of actuarial modeling experience in valuation and projection in an open coding system; Prophet is a plus
• Strong quantitative and analytics skills, including the ability to understand concepts and assess situations in a timely manner
• Strong financial and financialmodeling knowledge and experience (US GAAP, Statutory, ALM, or economic caiptal)
• Knowledge of economic and risk based solvency regimes (e.g. Solvency II) and/or of the latest developments in accounting principles e.g. IFRS 4 phase 2 is a distinct advantage
• Strong project management and exeucusion skills
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Broad understanding and relevant experience with Life and/or Annuity products
• Creative problem solver
• Programming experience, preferably in C type language, is a plus
• ASA or FSA with 5 years of actuarial experience is required, CFA a plus
• Internatioanl experience is a plus
• Minimal travel will be required ( < 10% of time )
Prudential is a multinational financial services leader with operations in the United States, Asia, Europe, and Latin America. Leveraging its heritage of life insurance and asset management expertise, Prudential is focused on helping individual and institutional customers grow and protect their wealth. The company's well-known Rock symbol is an icon of strength, stability, expertise and innovation that has stood the test of time. Prudential's businesses offer a variety of products and services, including life insurance, annuities, retirement-related services, mutual funds, asset management, and real estate services.
We recognize that our strength and success are directly linked to the quality and skills of our diverse associates. We are proud to be a place where talented people who want to make a difference can grow as professionals, leaders, and as individuals. Visit www.prudential.com to learn more about our values, our history and our brand.
Prudential is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Note that this posting is intended for individual applicants. Search firms or agencies should email Staffing at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information about doing business with Prudential.
Job Function: Actuarial