Director & Actuary
Job Code: 392039
Job Location: New Jersey-Newark
With more than 1.31 trillion in assets under management, Prudential Financial, Inc. is a multinational financial services leader with actuarial operations in New Jersey (Newark, Roseland, and Iselin), Connecticut (Shelton and Hartford) and Pennsylvania (Dresher).
At Prudential, we aspire to be the undisputed leader in actuarial talent, uniquely combining our technical expertise with business acumen. We strive to be trusted business partners and leaders, driving business results while building exciting and rewarding careers.
Our products span a broad spectrum – from individual life to group life to retirement – and we are a steadily growing organization. For the past two years we have hired over new 200 new actuaries to the Prudential team! As our businesses continue to grow, we look to bring the best and brightest actuaries to Prudential.
The Director & Actuary could support Annuities, Audit, Capital Markets Hedging, Corporate, Group Insurance, Individual Life Insurance, International Insurance, Long Term Care or Retirement Services including Pension Risk Transfer.
Job responsibilities may include support in any of the following functions:
• Financial Reporting
• Product Development
• Support ad hoc research & statistical analyses
• College Degree (BA / BS) required.
• Degree in Actuarial Science, mathematics, finance, computer science or other quantitative related fields are preferred.
• Typically FSA or near FSA required.
• 8 or more years of actuarial experience required.
• Self-motivated individual with strong analytical, interpersonal, and communication skills.
• Strong organizational skills, detail oriented, and the ability to work effectively in a team environment.
• Strong technical and analytical skills.
• Demonstrated leadership ability
• Experience in maintaining a controlled environment and protecting sensitive information.
• Demonstrated ability to effectively utilize and manipulate Excel, Microsoft Access, Visual Basic Application and C programming are desirable.
• Ability to manage multiple priorities and deliverables
Prudential is a multinational financial services leader with operations in the United States, Asia, Europe, and Latin America. Leveraging its heritage of life insurance and asset management expertise, Prudential is focused on helping individual and institutional customers grow and protect their wealth. The company's well-known Rock symbol is an icon of strength, stability, expertise and innovation that has stood the test of time. Prudential's businesses offer a variety of products and services, including life insurance, annuities, retirement-related services, mutual funds, asset management, and real estate services.
We recognize that our strength and success are directly linked to the quality and skills of our diverse associates. We are proud to be a place where talented people who want to make a difference can grow as professionals, leaders, and as individuals. Visit www.prudential.com to learn more about our values, our history and our brand.
Prudential is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Note that this posting is intended for individual applicants. Search firms or agencies should email Staffing at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information about doing business with Prudential.
Job Function: Actuarial