Director, Business Intelligence & Analytics- HR
JobTitle: Director, Business Intelligence & Analytics- HR
Global People Analytics is transforming to digital. Part of that future state is a modern Business Intelligence (BI) platform.
The Director of Business Intelligence & Analytics will be accountable for establishing a clear vision, building organizational capability, driving execution, and enabling a high impact HR Business Intelligence and Reporting function for the company.
Responsibilities of the position include the following:
- Provide strategic and technical leadership for all BI capabilities
- Ensure a strong customer service focus across the BI function
- Foster and demonstrate thought leadership and innovation with business partners and stakeholders
- Lead the requirements gathering, selection and implementation of a BI toolset
- Identify relevant metrics for BI function and use metrics as basis for communication and continuous improvement
- Assess and rationalize the current reporting being provided, providing recommendations for reports that should stop / start / continue
- Create visualizations, mock up's and/or prototypes of suggested information delivery mechanisms (dashboards, alerts, etc).
- Have the ability to create dashboards and also lead a team to visualize and create them
- Ensure BI and Reporting initiatives are well managed and deliver on expectations—functionality, timeliness, and cost
- Cultivates an environment where associates respect and adhere to company standards of integrity and ethics
- , Develops and drives initiatives to achieve desired results
- Develops and implements strategies to attract and maintain a highly skilled and engaged workforce
- Develops and leverages internal and external partnerships and networks to maximize the achievement of business goals
- Drives global projects to successful outcomes
- Drives strategies, processes, and best practices for one Analytics function
- Provides overall direction
- Bachelor s degree in Statistics, Economics, Analytics, Industrial-Organizational Psychology, Engineering, Mathematics, Computer Science, Information Technology or related field and 7 years' experience in an analytics related field OR Master's degree in Statistics, Economics, Analytics, Industrial-Organizational Psychology, Engineering, Mathematics, Computer Science, Information Technology or related field and 5 years' experience in an analytics related field OR doctoral degree in Statistics, Economics, Analytics, Industrial-Organizational Psychology, Mathematics, Computer Science, Information Technology or related field and 2 years' experience in an analytics related field.
Additional Preferred Qualifications
- Strong Data Warehouse/Business Intelligence thought leader and technologist
- Experience implementing Self Service reporting and data visualization solutions
- Minimum of 5 years of experience with BI/Reporting platform like Microstrategy, Qlik, Tableau or other comparable tools.
- 4 years supervisory experience.
- 5 years experience with SQL and relational databases (for example, Teradata, Oracle, SQL Server).
- 2 years experience with statistical programming languages (for example, Alteryx, SAS).
- Certificate in business analytics, data mining, or statistical analysis.
What started small, with a single discount store and the simple idea of selling more for less, has grown over the last 50 years into the largest retailer in the world. Today, nearly 260 million customers visit our more than 11,500 stores under 72 banners in 28 countries and e-commerce sites in 11 countries each week. With fiscal year 2016 revenue of $482.1 billion, Walmart employs 2.3 million associates worldwide – 1.5 million in the U.S. alone. It’s all part of our unwavering commitment to creating opportunities and bringing value to customers and communities around the world.