Director, Cross Border Trade Operations
JobTitle: Director, Cross Border Trade Operations
City: SAN BRUNO
The Walmart.com team is here to provide amazing digital and physical experiences for our customers – with seamless access to products and services they want. Marketplace allows us to present an even wider array of vendor products on Walmart.com and beyond. Behind the scenes, e-commerce experts are focused on category growth, program management, business development, and seller onboarding. We continuously strive to deliver incredible selection, ease, and e-commerce innovation to customers.
This team member will be responsible for driving and supporting global operations and technology projects for Walmart International in global trade including ecommerce front-end and back-end product design and architecture, import/export supply-chain network design and development, global trade new business model development, and global logistics, technology, and strategic partner and vendor negotiation and management. The role will require extensive analysis of customer and competitor trends in cross-border ecommerce and in-depth cross-functional leadership and support across different Walmart global markets in legal, finance, ops, technology, and merchandising to design and launch new cross-border ecommerce programs.
- Design and launch cross-border ecommerce and business to business pilots in multiple Walmart International markets.
- Support cross-functional teams to define and solve critical challenges to legal, finance, merchandising, operations, and technology barriers to enabling cross-border ecommerce pilots.
- Support executive understanding and modeling of different cross-border ecommerce opportunities and challenges; define and model different supply-chain scenarios to support long-term business model development.
- Coordinate with global cross-functional partners in Asia, LATAM, EU, and North America on variety of different operations projects.
- Design and support new front-end and back-end functionality to enable exports from different Walmart International ecommerce platforms.
- Experience in qualifying, managing, and negotiating with large logistics and technology vendors.
- Bachelor’s degree in Economics, Math, Computer Science, Business Administration, Statistics, Operations Science, or related field.
- 4-6 years’ experience in supply-chain, ecommerce, business consulting, or related field.
- Experience with SQL, database management, access.
- Extensive international business experience.
- International travel required (~30%).
Additional Preferred Qualifications
- MS in Statistics or Operations Science; MBA.
- Fluency in Mandarin, Japanese, or additional languages preferred.
- Experiences in retail, ecommerce, consulting, statistics, data-science, supply-chain, and/or logistics.
Walmart Global eCommerce is comprised of Walmart.com, VUDU, SamsClub.com, and our technical powerhouse @WalmartLabs. Here, innovators incubate next gen e-commerce solutions in real-time. We integrate online, physical, and mobile shopping experiences for billions of customers around the globe. How do we do it? We continuously build and invest in new technology including open source tools and big data innovations. Data scientists, front and back-end engineers, product managers, and web and UX/UI teams collaborate alongside e-commerce experts to envision, prototype, and bring revolutionary ideas to life in a dynamic, flexible and fun work culture.