Director, Customer Experience
Job Code: 401719
Job Location: New Jersey-Newark
We are looking for a unique individual with that special eye for Customer Experience. If you admire well-written emails, obsess over image size and aspect ratios, get annoyed when web pages don’t make sense and have a frequent urge to redesign shopping cart interactions, you have found the job you always wanted. You are not a designer. Not a marketer. Not even a product manager. Your job is harder. You think end to end customer experience.
You will bring your talents to drive critical end to end multi-channel interactions for tens of millions of our customers. You will be hands on. You will know how to influence highly opinionated product managers, marketing experts and everyone else with an opinion. You will ensure a seamless and consistent experience across our digital and in-person interactions. You can “think human.” It is never easy but you can do it!
This is a leadership role requiring a customer-centric view into our solutions, our communications and our interactions. You will bring the smarts of a product manager to understand prioritization, how to measure outcomes, A/B testing and are not afraid to let customers tell you when you got it right and when you got it wrong.
You will get to work in an exciting and engaging agile startup environment where you will be encouraged to expand your skills, test your creative boundaries, share new ideas, and, most importantly, have fun.
• Work across a team of product managers, marketers, designers, technologists and service teams to review and drive the end to end customer experience
• Drive interactions across a wide segment of users: our customers, prospects, beneficiaries, advisors and employers
• Identify and prioritize experience points based on materiality of interaction
• Hands-on skills where you can think and do. If you are not hands-on, this role is NOT for you
• Real experience getting things done vs. high level strategy and theoretical customer journey maps
• Deep insights into customer engagement with an eye for the core objective of each interaction.
• Manage multiple projects at any given time
• 7 years of experience in web/online businesses
• 5 years in management roles managing teams
• Experience in driving multiple parallel projects
• Hands-on capabilities, and proven experience in gathering and transforming customer experience
• Understanding of customer transactions and communication, digital marketing, operational work flows, internet technologies, as well as development methodology for a complex multi-business website
• Strong user experience (UX/CX)/design sense, with a record of building great products
• Ability to think like a customer and see our experiences through a customer-centric view
• Top notch written and oral communication skills, including experience presenting to executive leadership, participating in the sales cycle and handling sensitive customer escalations
• Well-developed strategic-thinking skills, with the ability to excite and lead others in a highly collaborative environment
Prudential is a multinational financial services leader with operations in the United States, Asia, Europe, and Latin America. Leveraging its heritage of life insurance and asset management expertise, Prudential is focused on helping individual and institutional customers grow and protect their wealth. The company's well-known Rock symbol is an icon of strength, stability, expertise and innovation that has stood the test of time. Prudential's businesses offer a variety of products and services, including life insurance, annuities, retirement-related services, mutual funds, asset management, and real estate services.
We recognize that our strength and success are directly linked to the quality and skills of our diverse associates. We are proud to be a place where talented people who want to make a difference can grow as professionals, leaders, and as individuals. Visit www.prudential.com to learn more about our values, our history and our brand.
Prudential is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Note that this posting is intended for individual applicants. Search firms or agencies should email Staffing at email@example.com for more information about doing business with Prudential.
Job Function: Product Development