Director, Digital Technology Project Management
Job Code: 388398
Job Location: New Jersey-Newark
Prudential is seeking a Director of Digital Technology Project Management with a proven track record of leading large, complex initiatives with heavy technology requirements and strong business connectivity. You must be resilient and flexible to meet the high demands of a start-up culture within the complexities of a large, established company. With deep project management expertise and an ownership mentality, you must be able to seamlessly marry broad-scale holistic project management disciplines with agile development methodologies. You are a strong team player with exceptional attention to detail, strong communication skills and the ability to operate at both a strategic and tactical level.
You will work directly for the VP, Project Management Office, who will report to the head of Strategy & Planning in the Customer Office. You have an opportunity to work in an exciting and engaging, agile startup environment where you will be encouraged to expand your skills, test your creative boundaries, share new ideas, and, most importantly, have fun.
· Accountable for delivering highly technical programs and projects which include large/complex/cross-functional strategic and/or technical initiatives that may extend across businesses.
· Provides core project management expertise for the full lifecycle of initiatives, including but not limited to: project planning, initiation, resourcing, execution, monitoring, control and completion.
· Provides timely, accurate and relevant project and program reporting. Ensure projects are delivered within the defined scope, quality, time and cost requirements.
· Establish strong business partnerships within and outside of the Customer Office to resolve issues quickly and advance efforts expeditiously.
· Facilitates engagement with internal and external stakeholders, ensuring strategic alignment, clear understanding of project goals and focus on delivering meaningful outcomes.
· May include management responsibility of other project managers including employees and consultants as well as on-shore and off-shore resources.
· 10 years of Project Management experience in digitally-enabled, product-oriented businesses
· Proven track record of managing complex, highly technical projects across functions and business lines.
· Thorough knowledge and experience with both waterfall and agile/scrum methodologies
· Ability to balance structure and flexibility, with a drive toward results and accountability
· Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
· Strong executive presence and experience dealing with senior business leaders
· Well-developed leadership, management and strategic-thinking skills, with the ability to excite and lead others in a highly collaborative environment
Prudential is a multinational financial services leader with operations in the United States, Asia, Europe, and Latin America. Leveraging its heritage of life insurance and asset management expertise, Prudential is focused on helping individual and institutional customers grow and protect their wealth. The company's well-known Rock symbol is an icon of strength, stability, expertise and innovation that has stood the test of time. Prudential's businesses offer a variety of products and services, including life insurance, annuities, retirement-related services, mutual funds, asset management, and real estate services.
We recognize that our strength and success are directly linked to the quality and skills of our diverse associates. We are proud to be a place where talented people who want to make a difference can grow as professionals, leaders, and as individuals. Visit www.prudential.com to learn more about our values, our history and our brand.
Prudential is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Note that this posting is intended for individual applicants. Search firms or agencies should email Staffing at email@example.com for more information about doing business with Prudential.
Job Function: Project Management