Director, eCommunications - Minnetonka, MN(Job Number:708572)
No industry is moving faster than health care. And no organization is better positioned to lead health care forward. We need attention to every detail with an eye for the points no one has considered. You'll help improve the health of millions. And you'll do your life's best work.(sm)
This business lead role is responsible for managing the strategy and execution for distributing accurate, timely, and critical information to internal and external audiences through email and digital communication platforms. This leader will partner with enterprise wide stakeholders to establish strategies and tactics that improve the consumer experience and elevate our relationships with members and B2B customers. This role is part of the Marketing Operations function that places great emphasis on efficiency, process and data, which are key attributes to how this leader will craft their roadmap for future improvements and enhancements. They will participate in and represent Marketing as a senior leader on critical business wide consumer initiatives, providing their knowledge and expertise on E&I processes, data needs, and platform opportunities. Team dynamics is important to our success, and this person will emulate our United Culture in their interactions and as a leader of their e-comm team.
The Director, eCommunications is responsible for the day to day operations and management of the e-Communications team. This team is tasked with developing, managing and flawlessly executing audience-segmented e-communications, including e-newsletters, email marketing, and landing pages for all UnitedHealthcare Employer & Individual lines of business.
This position provides expertise to sales and marketing teams with regard to email marketing and website best practices. Also, providing analysis and insights that drive the optimization of digital communication strategies to deliver maximum marketing return-on-investment (ROI). The Director, eCommunications oversees the execution and implementation of strategic digital marketing initiatives, including overall project management, data / list management, strategic direction and navigating cross-functional teams to ensure alignment and overall project success.
In this role, the Director, eCommunications will also be responsible for being the E&I Marketing liaison for various enterprise or business unit level projects and initiatives, as well as effectively managing a 5 person team.
This individual works with both internal partners (Creative, Advertising, Brand, Legal / Regulatory, Product, Sales) and external vendors to identify and assess needs and requirements to form and execute effective e-communications strategies.
Job Role Alignment:
- 60% Oversee the day-to-day operations and management of a 5 person email production and data team
- 30% Lead the overall strategy and execution of digital initiatives
- 10% Best practice sharing, program optimization and enterprise level initiatives
- Manage e‐communications production and data team (5 direct reports) to define priorities and flawlessly execute for all UHC E&I lines of business
- Develop strategy and execution of UHC Employer and Individual e-Communication distribution
- Utilize multi-channel approach to build consumer trust, strengthen market relationships and position UnitedHealthcare as a valued partner
- Represent Marketing Operations on key initiatives, that include consumer preferences, consumer marketing database and multi-channel communications for both B2B and consumer audiences
- Identify improvement opportunities for information / data intake, list management, and communication requests
- Define and lead complex internal projects with cross‐functional teams to achieve key business objectives
- Partner with business teams to establish go-to-market strategies for digital communications, including: email, web site and mobile experiences
- Provides digital marketing subject matter expertise to cross-functional team members, including best practices, new technologies, training and optimization opportunities
- Set direction and manage development of concept, creative design and content for all E&I e-communications
- Establish business requirements with key stakeholders to create effective campaigns that meet established communication goals
- Serve as main point of contact to address questions / concerns of stakeholders and ensure issues are addressed in a timely manner
- Lead measurement and reporting of key metrics and insights to drive campaign performance
- Initiate and manage special projects to promote continuous improvement and innovation, while driving efficiency, market relevancy, and cost savings opportunities
- Manage vendor relationships and project work of contractors
- Coordinate approvals of all e-communications, maintaining appropriate process and files
Job Marketing eCommerce
Primary Location US-MN-Minnetonka
Organization E&I Strategic Marketing
Number of Openings 1