Director, Human Resources
Job Code: 403838
Job Location: Connecticut-Shelton
Director, Human Resources
You want to make a difference, and you are energized by challenge and innovation. Your ongoing goal is to reach your full potential at a company that shares your drive for results. Sound familiar? Then consider an opportunity at Prudential--a proven leader, like you.
Prudential currently has an opening for a director-level Human Resources professional in Shelton, CT. to support its Annuities business (can also be based in Dresher, PA). This senior generalist position requires the ability to meet high expectations in an environment that recognizes your need to achieve and grow. You will be part of a company that values each employee as a partner in success. In addition, you will help build on our reputation for strength, stability and innovation as you optimize the talent of the Annuities team.
Prudential offers outstanding compensation and benefits through its comprehensive Total Rewards program, and we are consistently recognized nationally for our diversity efforts. As part of our organization, you can expect to be member of a results-driven human resources team that shares your vision for achievement. We invite you to continue your personal success story with us.
Key responsibilities of the position:
- Serve as a key business partner for specific functional teams within Prudential Annuities.
- In partnership with senior level management, develop and implement strategic programs that support business goals and objectives.
- Partner within HR and the business to co-create talent programs which focus on acquisition, diversity, leadership, and skill development
- Consult with leaders on proactively managing an ever-changing environment with an emphasis on work culture issues and increasing employee engagement.
- Partner with all functional areas (organizational effectiveness, Diversity & Inclusion, etc) of HR to deliver against the HR and business strategy
- Identify and utilize data to provide insights into business challenges and then developing and implementing action plans to address.
- Lead and manage HR and organizational initiatives and/or project teams.
- Effectively resolve employee relation issues
- Collaborate with corporate functions such as Human Resources Shared Services, Compensation, and Staffing to execute day to day activities.
· Will work collaboratively and proactively to meet the needs of the client groups.
- Minimum 7 years broad human resources experience.
- Strong consultative, influencing, collaboration, problem solving, and project management skills.
- Ability to work independently to drive HR and organizational initiatives both as an individual contributor and as a team member
- Demonstrated ability to build business relationships and effectively interact with all level of employees.
- Sound knowledge of change management philosophies and methods, organizational development, and coaching.
- Ability to set HR vision and direction that are aligned with business goals.
- Thorough knowledge of human resources policies, procedures, performance management, employee relations, workforce/talent management, succession management and leadership development required.
- Bachelor's degree in Organizational Development, Human Resources, Industrial/Organizational Psychology, or related business degree is preferred.
- Advanced degree in human resources field and/or HR certifications (PHR, SPHR, etc.) preferred
Prudential is a multinational financial services leader with operations in the United States, Asia, Europe, and Latin America. Leveraging its heritage of life insurance and asset management expertise, Prudential is focused on helping individual and institutional customers grow and protect their wealth. The company's well-known Rock symbol is an icon of strength, stability, expertise and innovation that has stood the test of time. Prudential's businesses offer a variety of products and services, including life insurance, annuities, retirement-related services, mutual funds, asset management, and real estate services.
We recognize that our strength and success are directly linked to the quality and skills of our diverse associates. We are proud to be a place where talented people who want to make a difference can grow as professionals, leaders, and as individuals. Visit www.prudential.com to learn more about our values, our history and our brand.
Prudential is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Note that this posting is intended for individual applicants. Search firms or agencies should email Staffing at email@example.com for more information about doing business with Prudential.
Job Function: Human Resources