Director, Individual Life Insurance Product Development
Job Code: 396238
Job Location: New Jersey-Newark
Director, Individual Life Product Development
Why join Prudential?
Prudential Financial, Inc. has operations in the United States, Asia, Europe and Latin America. Prudential’s diverse and talented employees are committed to helping individual and institutional customers grow and protect their wealth through a variety of products and services, including life insurance, annuities, retirement-related services, mutual funds and investment management.
As a Product Line Leader, you’re responsible for increasing focus, accountability and cross-functional partnership as well as ensuring the success of the major product lines of Universal Life, Term, and Variable Universal Life. You will report to the VP of Product for the Individual Life Insurance organization.
This position can be located in our Newark, NJ office, which is Prudential’s headquarters, or Hartford, CT. Approximately 10 % travel is required in the United States.
The position provides the opportunity to operate as the champion of the product line, helping the organization identify and achieve the goals for success. More specifically will have the following opportunities:
- You will develop and maintain product line strategies, with a depth of understanding of the future state vision for the line and how it supports Individual Life Insurance’s strategic direction.
- You will define objectives and market value propositions at the line, product, and initiative level.
- You will connect product strategies to sales, marketing, and operational strategies at the line, product and initiative level.
- You will maintain a holistic and outward facing view of what is necessary and sufficient for success for the line and all initiatives supporting it.
- You will determine product line priorities and complete and present business cases for development of new products, including what is needed for success in the areas of services, sales and marketing tools, etc.
- You will champion initiatives through implementation, roll-out and post-rollout promotion.
- You will offer a depth of knowledge for the product line to support connected efforts in other Individual Life Insurance functions.
- You will identify and resolve issues and obstacles preventing achievement of optimal results.
Does this sound like you? Our successful candidate has:
- Bachelor’s degree
- MBA or relevant designations preferred (e.g., FSA, MAAA, CLU/ChFC)
- Financial services experience and a strong understanding of the individual life insurance business.
- Prior experience in the product development process, including pricing, business strategy and/or market/competitive research
- Ability to think strategically and analytically to connect a variety of internal and external inputs into a vision and direction
- Ability to deal with professionals at all levels and functions, including senior management and field/sales professionals
Prudential is a multinational financial services leader with operations in the United States, Asia, Europe, and Latin America. Leveraging its heritage of life insurance and asset management expertise, Prudential is focused on helping individual and institutional customers grow and protect their wealth. The company's well-known Rock symbol is an icon of strength, stability, expertise and innovation that has stood the test of time. Prudential's businesses offer a variety of products and services, including life insurance, annuities, retirement-related services, mutual funds, asset management, and real estate services.
We recognize that our strength and success are directly linked to the quality and skills of our diverse associates. We are proud to be a place where talented people who want to make a difference can grow as professionals, leaders, and as individuals. Visit www.prudential.com to learn more about our values, our history and our brand.
Prudential is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Note that this posting is intended for individual applicants. Search firms or agencies should email Staffing at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information about doing business with Prudential.
Job Function: Product Development