The Director, Merchandising Services is responsible for managing projects and processes within Merchandising Services. Role is instrumental in working cross functionally within Merchandising Services and key partners including Merchandising, Operations, IT, HR, Finance, Construction and Field partners. Role directs a team of contingent labor or associates responsible for the development of strategic solutions, project management, communication and process improvement.
MAJOR TASKS, RESPONSIBILITES AND KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES
40% - Strategic Planning: Takes a leadership role in establishing solutions to meet key strategic initiatives and business needs. Provides leadership level communication including dashboard reporting, project status and key deliverable updates.
30% - Project Management: Develops, manages and maintains project deliverables as required to support large scale complex projects. Includes but not limited to Project Plans, Communication, Change Management, Risk and Issue Management.
20% - Process Improvement: Drives process improvement activities for end to end processes. Works cross functionally to identify process opportunities, develops plan, drives implementation and measures results.
10% - Supports other tasks and duties as business needs dictate.
NATURE AND SCOPE
This position reports to VP In-Store Environment.
This position has 3-5 direct reports.
ENVIRONMENTAL JOB REQUIREMENTS
Located in a comfortable indoor area. Any unpleasant conditions would be infrequent and not objectionable.
Typically requires overnight travel less than 10% of the time.
Must be eighteen years of age or older.
Must be legally permitted to work in the United States.
The knowledge, skills and abilities typically acquired through the completion of a bachelor's degree program or equivalent degree in a field of study related to the job.
Years of Relevant Work Experience: 7 years
Most of the time is spent sitting in a comfortable position and there is frequent opportunity to move about. On rare occasions there may be a need to move or lift light articles.
• Working knowledge of project management practices and activities
• Ability to manage multiple large scale strategic initiatives and high profile projects
• Ability to work cross functionally and drive results across teams
• Strong analytical skills and the ability to propose solutions to business needs
• Excellent presentation, verbal and written communication skills
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies:
• Strong project management skills and ability to work in a cross-functional team environment
• Experience in developing, managing and sustaining project management and communication deliverables
• Strong process improvement knowledge and application
• Ability to establish priorities and procedures for accomplishing work within established deadlines
• Ability to handle multiple projects and manage toward deadlines and deliverables
• Proficient with Microsoft applications (Word, Excel, Power Point, Visio)
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.