Director, Merchandise Finance - Food
JobTitle: Director, Merchandise Finance - Food
- Conducts long-range financial planning and analysis by directing development of financial plans for business strategies that support strategic plans; developing strategies with business partners to achieve corporate objectives; overseeing development of three-year business plan, annual business plan, and overhead budgets for strategic business unit (SBU) by communicating Company targets and SBU initiatives to planning team; creating and submitting SBU capital expense budget; communicating planning assumptions; presenting results to Finance Department and business unit leaders; and identifying risks, opportunities, and strategic initiatives.
- Manages and performs business analyses to drive financial performance by identifying potential business opportunities through business intelligence and market analysis; supporting strategic business unit (SBU) personnel (for example, Management, buyers, support groups) in shaping vision and strategies; analyzing financial information, developing financial models, and guiding decision-making; assisting in project implementation, including influencing course correction through pre- and post-analysis processes; enforcing disciplined financial analysis methodologies; and facilitating SBU specific financial learnings with business unit stakeholders and Finance Department Management.
- Manages and performs investment decision analysis by evaluating capital projects, contractual arrangements, and business development opportunities; presenting investment findings; and recommending best course of action for investment.
- Provides overall direction for strategic business unit (SBU) by analyzing business objectives and Customer needs; developing, communicating, building support for, and implementing business strategies, plans, and practices; analyzing costs and forecasts and incorporating them into business plans; determining and supporting resource requirements; evaluating operational processes; measuring outcomes to ensure desired results; identifying and capitalizing on improvement opportunities; promoting a Customer-focused environment; and demonstrating adaptability and sponsoring continuous learning.
- Supports strategic business unit (SBU) by developing Finance education programs; and taking action to improve financial and business acumen of Merchandising teams.
- Ensures compliance with Security and Exchange Commission (SEC) regulations by reviewing and monitoring accuracy of financial statements and business processes; promoting adherence to Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) standards; communicating risks of non-compliance to Finance Management; and recommending and implementing any necessary corrective measures.
- Partners with business unit Management to plan and analyze business performance by ensuring alignment between business partners to achieve corporate goals; providing feedback to Finance Department and business unit Management about business performance; and managing business unit budget process and providing insight on historical trends, expected future events, and current retail trends.
- Oversees forecasting process and results for business unit components by reviewing and evaluating profit and loss (P&L) forecasts to ensure they reflect current state of business; recommending corrective actions where trends are unfavorable; balancing risk profile of business unit components to anticipate risks and opportunities; driving contingency planning activities to offset external factors effecting business unit; understanding internal risks; and developing and recommending countermeasures to offset or enhance external factors effecting business unit.
- Develops and implements strategies to attract and maintain a highly skilled and engaged workforce by diagnosing capability gaps; recruiting, selecting, and developing talent; supporting mentorship, workforce development, and succession planning; and leveraging new and existing talent.
- Bachelor s degree in Finance or related field and 4 years experience in finance or related field OR 8 years experience in finance or related field.
- 2 years of supervisory experience OR 2 years experience leading and completing cross-functional projects.
Additional Preferred Qualifications
- 1 year retail experience.
- 1 year strategic planning experience.
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) or related financial certification.
- Master's degree in Business Administration (MBA), Finance, or related field.
What started small, with a single discount store and the simple idea of selling more for less, has grown over the last 50 years into the largest retailer in the world. Today, nearly 260 million customers visit our more than 11,500 stores under 72 banners in 28 countries and e-commerce sites in 11 countries each week. With fiscal year 2016 revenue of $482.1 billion, Walmart employs 2.3 million associates worldwide – 1.5 million in the U.S. alone. It’s all part of our unwavering commitment to creating opportunities and bringing value to customers and communities around the world.