Interline Brands, Inc. (“Interline”) is among the nation’s largest distributors and direct marketers of specialty maintenance, repair, and operations (MRO) products, both branded and private label.
It stocks more than 100,000 plumbing, janitorial, electrical, hardware, heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC); and other MRO products, from more than 3000 suppliers worldwide. Products and value-added services are sold to more than 175,000 active customers, including facilities maintenance customers, professional contractors, and specialty distributors.
Key end-markets include multifamily housing; health care institutions; educational organizations; lodging; plumbing, mechanical, and HVAC contractors; locksmiths and hardware stores. The company operates more than 70 distribution centers / branches and four regional replenishment centers across the United States, which facilitates reliable same-day or next-day delivery service to 98% of the U.S. population.
Interline employs a multi-dimensional sales model to drive market share gains, utilizing the following primary channels: field sales representatives, telesales and direct marketing including online websites, catalogs, business-to-business selling portals, and fliers. With a unified operating platform, the company can sell the same product to various customers utilizing different pricing schedules and different service models, depending on the needs of each customer.
If you want to join a dynamic organization where leadership strives to put their best foot forward with their employees and their clients, come join the Interline Team!
The Home Depot is an Equal Opportunity/M/F/Vet/Disabled Employer. Bilingual candidates are encouraged to apply. Available positions may vary by location.
KEY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Manage merchandising team for the assigned categories and provide leadership across the merchandising department
- Lead team of Category Merchants for assigned categories.
- Provide guidance, feedback and business development for direct reports.
- Participate with peers in leadership for the broader merchandising department.
- Drive process improvement and best practices across department.
2. Develop written business plans for the assigned category across all brands
- Establish goals for sales volume, gross profit and vendor service levels
- Identify new products/categories or enhancements to current ones
- Determine market needs and trends
- Outline strategies for category growth
3. Product Sourcing and selection
- Attend industry and customer trade shows as well as supplier factory visits
- Select products and vendors; negotiate price, terms, service obligations, promotional activity and assure the execution of the Vendor Partnership Agreement
- Conduct a merchandising presentation for each new program with Inventory Control, Sales and Brand Marketing prior to each catalog launch
- Work with Marketing Managers to determine product placement and merchandising
- Develop product forecast and initial pricing strategies for implementation
- Determine inventory service levels and warehouse stocking locations
- Work with Quality Assurance to establish and maintain standards for products and packaging
4. Ongoing category assortment strategy and management
- Develop and maintain strong vendor relationships, enhance programs, negotiate contracts and costing, ensure vendors compliance.
- Conduct quarterly business reviews and top-to-top meetings with key suppliers.
- Analyze industry marketplace and competitive landscape. Drive product line architecture and curate the assortment. Discontinue obsolete products and disposition existing inventories.
- Act as the liaison between merchandising and marketing.
- Identify products with private label opportunity and work with Exclusive Brands team to research viability, sources, savings, quality, packaging, QA, patent issues, forecasts, order quantities and deliveries for import product.
- Work with Global team on domestic to import projects, overseeing the marketing and quality aspects and providing final approval.
- Support creative development for product packaging and promotions.
- Continually, monitor product categories for sales and profitability performance, competitiveness and service levels. Develop action plans for products and/or categories not meeting performance goals. Work with Marketing Operations to develop actions to increase sales and improve profitability.
5. Engage proactively with Sales teams to drive business
- Support sales teams with relevant, actionable product information; develop enhanced capabilities around assigned categories.
- Collaborate with Sales leaders on programs to drive sales growth and customer satisfaction
Champion innovation workshops and product showcases for our customers
- Four year degree in Business, Merchandising, Procurement or related field; MBA Preferred
- 3+ years experience in marketing, merchandising, business development, product/ brand management, preferably in an industrial distribution environment.
- Expertise in leading teams
- P&L management experience and Supply Chain experience.
- Collaboration abilities, teamwork and inter-departmental communication skills
- Microsoft Office suite of products.
- Data collection and analytical skills around product performance, including cost estimating, turns, service levels and Gross Margin Return on Inventory (GMROI).
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.