Director, Product Management
Job Code: 349577
Job Location: New Jersey-Newark
Prudential is seeking a Director of Product Management, with a focus on online financial planning tools and solutions. This person will be instrumental in defining the strategy of our digital advisory services, which will complement our existing in-person Prudential Advisor network. This role requires customer centric “problem/solution” thinking, the ability to distill complex workflows into simple steps, collaborate across business units, with a proven track record of successful execution.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a new group within Prudential, and help shape the future of the company. The Customer Office is a highly collaborative, fast-paced environment, with a start-up feel. You’ll be encouraged to roll up your sleeves (or not, if you wear t-shirts), take initiative, be creative, share new ideas, and, most importantly, have fun.
· Define the strategy and manage the roadmap of our digital advisory services and planning tools, across Prudential’s financial product line
· Collaborate with advisors, service teams, business units, and our internal UX and technology teams to define simple and elegant online solutions
· When necessary, lead discussions and decisions around development options (e.g. buy -vs- build -vs- partner)
· Work with developers in an agile SDLC (e.g. write user stories, participate in daily standups, etc.)
· Ensure stakeholders are aware of project status, enhancements, etc.
· As necessary, build a new product management team supporting this execution
· 10 years of Product Management experience in Financial Services, driving strategic online digital initiatives and critical functional enhancements
· Experience with online financial planning tools
· Very familiar with robo-advisors and digital wealth management solutions
· 5 years in management roles with direct reports and multiple parallel projects
· Excellent written and oral communication skills, including experience presenting to executive leadership
· Experience with agile SDLC
Prudential is a multinational financial services leader with operations in the United States, Asia, Europe, and Latin America. Leveraging its heritage of life insurance and asset management expertise, Prudential is focused on helping individual and institutional customers grow and protect their wealth. The company's well-known Rock symbol is an icon of strength, stability, expertise and innovation that has stood the test of time. Prudential's businesses offer a variety of products and services, including life insurance, annuities, retirement-related services, mutual funds, asset management, and real estate services.
We recognize that our strength and success are directly linked to the quality and skills of our diverse associates. We are proud to be a place where talented people who want to make a difference can grow as professionals, leaders, and as individuals. Visit www.prudential.com to learn more about our values, our history and our brand.
Prudential is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Note that this posting is intended for individual applicants. Search firms or agencies should email Staffing at email@example.com for more information about doing business with Prudential.
Job Function: Product Development