Director, Scientific Affairs, Beverages Toxicology
Job Title: Director, Scientific Affairs, Beverages Toxicology
Location: Purchase, NY
Category: Research & Development
The position requires ability and experience to:
- Lead and participate in multidisciplinary teams that support PepsiCo's innovation platforms (i.e., ingredient, processing, and packaging science).
- Create collaborative relationships with internal PepsiCo colleagues to better integrate product safety and toxicology into business strategies.
- Demonstrate leadership and ability in interpreting, applying and translating complex scientific data (i.e., analytical and toxicological) for practical business use.
- Work to identify and manage emerging issues through active participation in PepsiCo committees and trade associations. Also, provide clear scientific assessments and recommendations for emerging issues in the food industry particularly for Prop 65.
- Critically review, summarize, and validate scientific publications to assess weight of evidence and provide input into the design of corroborating safety studies.
- Provide professional scientific assessments on the safety of ingredients and contaminants in a time-sensitive manner.
- Strategically navigate scientific hurdles facing technology developments of Innovation & Growth projects. Also, drive the scientific analysis behind ingredient dossiers to assure smooth transition and execution for a product launch.
- Doctorate in toxicology, pharmacology, or related life science, or chemistry if having sufficient experience in QSAR, risk assessment, exposure assessment, or other relevant area.
- Enhanced understanding of the global scientific arena and public perception challenges faced by our global businesses is desirable.
- Demonstrated ability to interpret wide-ranging types of scientific data and to communicate clearly and concisely with detailed knowledge as required for different business customers.
- Ability to apply various types of data (QSAR, exposure, metabolism) within a risk assessment context
- Proven ability to influence colleagues across functions and divisions, including an ability to collaborate with international operations.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
PepsiCo is an equal opportunity employer Minorities/Females/People with Disabilities/Protected Veterans/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please download the available EEO is the Law (http://pep.jobs/eeo-poster) & EEO is the Law Supplement (http://pep.jobs/eeo-poster-supplement) documents by copying and pasting the appropriate URL in the address bar of your web browser.
To view our Pay Transparency Statement, please click here: Pay Transparency StatementJob Ref: 115099BR",
Performance with Purpose
Out performing ourselves is a rush. That's why we perform with purpose. Together, we blaze new trails, succeed, celebrate and then do something even bigger. We never settle for second best. At PepsiCo we're not just committed to performing well as individuals, but as a team, to strengthen the company as a whole.
Around the world, we're working hard to give people the tastes they crave and the nutrition they need. We dream globally and act locally, constantly innovating to sustain our planet, our people, our communities and our business practices. New markets mean new ways of doing business, and new ways of addressing health concerns, cultural differences and environmental challenges. Every day is an adventure, and an opportunity for personal and professional growth.