Director, Shopper Marketing - Target
Job Title: Director, Shopper Marketing - Target
Location: Minneapolis, MN
Category: Marketing / Communications
Does the status quo bore you? Do you defy convention? If so, you are the perfect candidate to help fuel our consumer's passion for what's next. Whether it's working with our largest retail partners to create engaging PepsiCo shopper marketing programs, or creating the next flavor for Lay's, we need talented marketers like you to join our family! We believe our marketers should have diverse experiences. That is why we offer a best-in-class developmental program where all marketers rotate to learn all aspects of our businesses and brands. Roles range from Brand Management, Innovation, and Insights to Shopper Mktg and Sports Marketing. Each experience sheds light into different consumer and/or customer needs, promotional levers and even joint-venture business models! The PepsiCo Shopper Marketing team (part of the DX) is looking for a creative, results-oriented Shopper Marketing Director to lead a team in developing and executing the Shopper Marketing Strategy to support PepsiCo's growth objectives at Target. Opportunity to work with brands across the PepsiCo portfolio to lead, create and commercialize Marketing programs that drive conversion and build brand equity at Target. The SM Dir will act as the primary point person for all PepsiCo marketing at Target inclusive of leading the Joint Business Planning (JBP) and Shopper Marketing planning process and driving next gen/transformational capabilities with one of our most advanced customer partners. In addition to being part of the greater marketing organization, this role is wired into Target internal sales and is part of the internal Target Leadership Team-providing great commercial collaboration and organizational visibility,
- Lead the team in delivering a marketing strategy that drives growth through translation of AOP Big Bets and other initiatives. Lead the Development and execution of differentiated Shopper Marketing programming grounded in brand, consumer, shopper and retailer insights
- Assess customer strategic positioning relative to trends, shoppers and competitors in order to identify white space opportunities for growth
- Lead annual joint business planning (JBP) process
- Collaborate with cross functional partners to identify opportunities for growth and build the appropriate selling stories. Specific opportunities exist within both the Digital/Loyalty Space and eCommerce strategic spaces.
- Represent Shopper Marketing on the PepsiCo Target Leadership Team, working closely with the team General Manager on strategic and customer leadership initiatives
- Align customer and internal brand teams on customer relevant programs & strategies
- Collaborate with multiple partners at Target (inclusive of Target Media Network, Target Brand, Cartwheel & eCommerce) - providing thought leadership and working to identify opportunities that drive PepsiCo's AND Target's business
- Manage L6/7 direct report (currently based in Plano)
Capabilities: Ability to analyze relevant data, insights and information to identify opportunities and develop strategy and plans to address the opportunities/Ability to think and act strategically with a focus on driving a commercial agenda/Ability to effectively manage multiple agendas and develop the appropriate strategies and plans/Demonstrated ability to develop and cultivate relationships
Other: Role ideally located in Minneapolis MN, however open to strong candidates in both NY/Purchase & Plano locations/Prior knowledge of Target customer desired but not mandatory
Education: Minimum Qualification: Undergraduate Degree/Preferred: MBA with a concentration in Marketing
Work Experience: A minimum of 10 yrs prior Mktg experience (if undergrad degree only) OR 8 yrs of prior Marketing experience (if Advanced Degree)/Prior Brand Marketing experience within consumer packaged goods/Preferred: Prior knowledge and/or Innovation experience
- Strong team leadership and talent development skills. Proven track record of identifying rich consumer insights and translating them into effective marketing programs and experience using CREST, IRI/Nielsen, etc is required
- Preferred: Passion for leading direct reports, extended team & agency partners to think & operate differently than existing paradigm
- Creative thinking and problem solving skills. Prior P&L exp is required
- Strong collaboration/project management/influencing skills within a matrix environment
- Must demonstrate professional maturity-ability to manage up/down, strong interpersonal skills for interaction with internal/external senior leaders
- Customer experience and/or experience presenting to external organizations
- Creative agency management experience/expertise developing and executing promotions is required
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
PepsiCo is an equal opportunity employer Minorities/Females/People with Disabilities/Protected Veterans/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please download the available EEO is the Law (http://pep.jobs/eeo-poster) & EEO is the Law Supplement (http://pep.jobs/eeo-poster-supplement) documents by copying and pasting the appropriate URL in the address bar of your web browser.
To view our Pay Transparency Statement, please click here: Pay Transparency StatementJob Ref: 110410BR",
Performance with Purpose
Out performing ourselves is a rush. That's why we perform with purpose. Together, we blaze new trails, succeed, celebrate and then do something even bigger. We never settle for second best. At PepsiCo we're not just committed to performing well as individuals, but as a team, to strengthen the company as a whole.
Around the world, we're working hard to give people the tastes they crave and the nutrition they need. We dream globally and act locally, constantly innovating to sustain our planet, our people, our communities and our business practices. New markets mean new ways of doing business, and new ways of addressing health concerns, cultural differences and environmental challenges. Every day is an adventure, and an opportunity for personal and professional growth.