Director - Technical Accounting - North America Beverages
Job Title: Director - Technical Accounting - North America Beverages
Location: White Plains, NY
Responsible for the following for North America Beverages:
- Provide technical guidance and leadership on accounting issues and consult on accounting issues on proposed transactions
- Determine impact of new accounting standards and aid in their implementation and disclosures for external reporting
- Ensure accurate accounting for income taxes and for derivatives instruments
- Perform annual impairment testing for goodwill and intangible assets
- Oversee the disclosure process for the division - monitor and communicate relevant accounting discussion items to Corporate as well as manage the representation letter process
- Act as liaison with auditors
- Special projects
- Provide technical guidance and leadership on various accounting issues to NAB business partners
- Ensure that technical accounting guidance aligns with business objectives and complies with U.S. GAAP
- Partner with Corporate and the various business partners on new accounting standards - determine the impact of new standards on the financial statements and identify any potential impact to the business
- Review capex documents for accounting and reporting implications. Advise on the structuring of transactions and consult on proposed transactions
- Be the primary point of contact with external advisors for the coordination of valuation work on an as needed basis
- Perform annual impairment analysis for goodwill and intangible assets
- Be the primary point of contact with our external auditors on audit and other technical matters
Tax and Derivatives Accounting:
- Partner with the Corporate Tax group to ensure accurate accounting for income taxes and the Corporate Hedging COE to ensure accurate accounting for various derivatives instruments for the NAB division
- Oversee the preparation of our quarterly close presentations to Corporate, which summarizes accounting discussion items and proposed resolution for the division
- Manage the representation letter process across the various teams, including the list of ommitments and contingencies as well as the SAB 108 disclosures
- Assist on other initiatives including SEC filings, debt offerings, etc.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting
- MBA is a plus
- Minimum of 12+ years of experience in accounting/auditing, preferably with a Big 4 public accounting firm
- Experience dealing with technical accounting issues such as revenue recognition, accounting for income taxes, hedge accounting, valuation/impairment analysis, leases
- Technical skills with pragmatic approach
- High level of integrity
- Seasoned judgment
- Strong professional network
- Strong communication skills - excellent written and verbal skills
- Able to interact with all levels in the organization and to effectively influence individuals in different disciplines and at different levels.
- Possess a strong ability to develop relationships and work collaboratively across multiple functions
- Flexible, creative, resourceful, self motivated with desire for self-improvement
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
PepsiCo is an equal opportunity employer Minorities/Females/People with Disabilities/Protected Veterans/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please download the available EEO is the Law (http://pep.jobs/eeo-poster) & EEO is the Law Supplement (http://pep.jobs/eeo-poster-supplement) documents by copying and pasting the appropriate URL in the address bar of your web browser.
To view our Pay Transparency Statement, please click here: Pay Transparency StatementJob Ref: 108088BR",
Performance with Purpose
Out performing ourselves is a rush. That's why we perform with purpose. Together, we blaze new trails, succeed, celebrate and then do something even bigger. We never settle for second best. At PepsiCo we're not just committed to performing well as individuals, but as a team, to strengthen the company as a whole.
Around the world, we're working hard to give people the tastes they crave and the nutrition they need. We dream globally and act locally, constantly innovating to sustain our planet, our people, our communities and our business practices. New markets mean new ways of doing business, and new ways of addressing health concerns, cultural differences and environmental challenges. Every day is an adventure, and an opportunity for personal and professional growth.