District Execution Managers (DEMs) are responsible for overseeing the successful implementation and execution of all Merchandising Services activities within their district of assigned retail stores. This includes General Service Guidelines, Projects, Resets, and other assigned services. They are responsible for communication with their customers which include the District Manager and the key point of contact for Suppliers in their assigned market.
DEMs are accountable for the overall performance of teams of managers, supervisors and associates that operate during the day and at night. These teams create an inviting shopping environment and enhance the customer experience by ensuring merchandising strategies and programs are executed successfully, as directed by the Merchandising Execution Regional Manager (MERM) and Merchandising Services organization.
DEMs are accountable for hiring, training, and conducting performance reviews for their direct reports and are accountable for the activities for those associates . They are accountable for the teams metrics and expectations including safety, quality, productivity, completion of assigned projects. DEMs are accountable for the budget for their team, including overtime, payroll, and other expenses.
MAJOR TASKS, RESPONSIBILITES AND KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES
30% - Interface and maintain relationship with District/Store contacts and suppliers as directed by Supplier Services team
- Attend District meetings to communicate service metrics and other information
- Monitor Mgrs participation in SSC led captainship program
- Responsible for communicating and follow up on merchandising issues
30% - Manage execution for merchandising services initiatives
- Set and communicate expectations
- Conduct store visits and monitor reports across day and night teams
- Accountable for team s key deliverables
- Provide direction on merchandising activities and special projects
- Hold Team accountable for expenses
25% - Accountable for staffing, training, development, and discipline
- Coach and mentor direct reports and provide ongoing perf feedback
- Provide guidance, set priorities, and assist with assigned tasks
- Ensure execution of staffing, training, rewards and recognition
15% - Escalate and resolve merchandising services issues
- Utilize regional captainship program to identify and resolve local and national issues
- Utilize interactive reporting to pull key merchandising and operational reports
NATURE AND SCOPE
Position reports to Merchandising Execution Regional Manager
Multiple Direct Reports
ENVIRONMENTAL JOB REQUIREMENTS
Usually in a comfortable environment but with regular exposure to factors causing moderate physical discomfort from such things as dust, fumes or odors.
Typically requires overnight travel less than 10% of the time.
Additional Environmental Job Requirements:
Must be eighteen years of age or older.
Must be legally permitted to work in the United States.
Additional Minimum Qualifications:
The knowledge, skills and abilities typically acquired through the completion of a bachelor's degree program or equivalent degree in a field of study related to the job.
Years of Relevant Work Experience: 5 years
Must continuously stand or walk or regularly requires lifting/handling/carrying material or equipment of moderate weight (8-20 pounds).
Must have a valid state driver s license and proof of insurance
Must have reliable transportation
Requires daily non-overnight travel up to 100% of the time.
1. Experience working in the retail merchandising service industry or working directly for large scale retailer with multi-location responsibility.
2. Ability to retrieve, manipulate, analyze, and interpret data using web based programs and handheld devices.
3. Merchandising background
4. Project Management Experience
5. 5 years of supervisory/management experience of large teams
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies:1. Business Acumen: Knowledgeable in current and possible future policies, practices, trends, technology, and information affecting his/her business and organization. Knows how businesses work and is aware of how strategies and tactics work in the marketplace.
2. Planning/ Priority Setting: Spends his/her time and the time of others on what s important and can quickly sense what will help or hinder accomplishing a goal. Sets objectives and goals for the team, measures performance against goals and evaluates results. Anticipates and adjusts for problems and roadblocks.
3. Drive for Results: Can be counted on to exceed goals successfully. Steadfastly pushes self and others for results.
4. Gets Things Done: Creates a sense of urgency. Drives results despite large workload competing demands and fast-paced environments. Delegates appropriately.
5. Builds Relationships and Influence: Able to build strong relationships and effectively contribute on cross-functional teams. Possesses strong Influence skills and ability to persuade others through multiple communication methods.
6. Customer Driven: Provides outstanding customer service to both internal and external customers. Follows through on responsibilities to customers.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.