Interline Brands, Inc. (“Interline”) is among the nation’s largest distributors and direct marketers of specialty maintenance, repair, and operations (MRO) products, both branded and private label. In 2015, Interline was acquired by The Home Depot®.MAJOR TASKS, RESPONSIBILITES AND KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES
It stocks more than 100,000 plumbing, janitorial, electrical, hardware, heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC); and other MRO products, from more than 3000 suppliers worldwide. Products and value-added services are sold to more than 175,000 active customers, including facilities maintenance customers, professional contractors, and specialty distributors.
Key end-markets include multifamily housing; health care institutions; educational organizations; lodging; plumbing, mechanical, and HVAC contractors; locksmiths and hardware stores. The company operates more than 70 distribution centers / branches and four regional replenishment centers across the United States, which facilitates reliable same-day or next-day delivery service to 98% of the U.S. population.
Interline employs a multi-dimensional sales model to drive market share gains, utilizing the following primary channels: field sales representatives, telesales and direct marketing including online websites, catalogs, business-to-business selling portals, and fliers. With a unified operating platform, the company can sell the same product to various customers utilizing different pricing schedules and different service models, depending on the needs of each customer.
If you want to join a dynamic organization where leadership strives to put their best foot forward with their employees and their clients, come join the Interline Team
Interline Brands, Inc., a wholly-owned subsidiary of The Home Depot, Inc., seeks District Sales Manager to join its Wilmar sales team. This position reports to the Division Vice President, Wilmar and is a home-based position located ideally in the Denver, CO area. An alternate home-base may be the Phoenix, AZ area. It is mandatory to live near a major airport, as there is travel and the sales territory covers the Denver, Phoenix, Tucson, Salt Lake City market.
The District Sales Manager will be responsible for providing sales direction and management to approximately 18 field sales representative. This responsibility includes assuring the attainment of company sales and gross profit goals, sales coaching, motivation and personnel development.
Through the power of Interline Brands and The Home Depot, the purpose of the District Sales Manager is to manage, coach and support a team of sales professionals to prospect for business to business new account opportunities as well as manage and growing existing accounts in line with the company strategy and vision.
NATURE AND SCOPE
- 50%- Manage the Sales team to deliver profitable growth
- 15%- Monitor customer, market, and competitor activity to ensure competitive solutions and product offerings
- 12%- Compile information and data related to customer and prospect opportunities
- 3%- Maintains sales staff by recruiting, selecting and training associates.
- 10%- Maintains sales staff by recruiting, selecting and training associates.
- 10%- Completes sales operational requirements by scheduling and assigning associates; following up on work results.
Reports to the Division Vice President. Position has direct reports.
ENVIRONMENTAL JOB REQUIREMENTS
Located in a comfortable indoor area. Conditions could produce mild discomfort on occasion.
Typically requires overnight travel 5% to 20% of the time.
- Must be eighteen years of age or older.
- Must be legally permitted to work in the United States.
The knowledge, skills and abilities typically acquired through the completion of a bachelor's degree program or equivalent degree in a field of study related to the job.
Years of Relevant Work Experience: 5 years
Most of the time is spent sitting in a comfortable position and there is frequent opportunity to move about. On rare occasions there may be a need to move or lift light articles.
- MRO or Jan/San industry knowledge preferred
- 5 years' sales management experience in industrial distribution – plumbing, HVAC, electrical preferred - with proven results.
- Proven track record leading a sales force, developing new markets and developing regional contacts.
- Strong managerial and leadership skills.
- Excellent communication, analytical and customer service skills
- Ability to travel when needed (up to 25% - 4 days a month with overnight possible)
- Ability to hire, train, coach and manage sales team.
- Proficient skills using MS Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook)
- Clear pattern of successes critical.
- Bachelor's degree in related field.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies:
- Sales leadership, professionalism, business development expertise, strong closing skills, and a proven track record of sales growth for areas of direct accountability are paramount to the success of this position
- Detailed, organized, strong analytical skills and a strategic approach to business are critical
- The ability to understand and analyze a customer’s business and balance sheet, allowing for the identification of value based business opportunities that maximize profits
- Outstanding interpersonal communication, written and verbal skills to all levels of an organization
- Presentation skills that clearly demonstrate product value to the highest levels of both internal and external management
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook); understanding of additional applications such as Microsoft PowerPoint and web searches
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate a high level of activity under a variety of conditions and constraints
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.