Documentum Development Specialist
Job Code: 378258
Job Location: New Jersey-Roseland
Prudential’s Individual Life Insurance (ILI) division is on a journey to transform its technology landscape from older, custom built applications to newer, packaged, cutting edge software. A critical component of this journey is the transformation of customer correspondence and communications, since the customer is at the heart of everything we do as a business.
You will be responsible for developing and maintaining customer communication applications and frameworks. You will typically work in small, nimble teams that collaborate on common problems across products and across focus areas. As a team member, you care about quality of code, understand how to integrate disjointed systems, love to learn new technologies, and are ready to adapt to changing design frameworks and design principles. You will have knowledge on how back-end systems work. Details are critical as you iterate through complex interactions and have pride in your work output. We are looking for someone who loves a good challenge and can work collaboratively.
We are transforming the life insurance business by building a startup culture in a company that is touching 20 Million lives, yet thinks agile. A company where talent drives success and your work touches everyone from a 25 year old to folks over 90 years old living in retirement. We care about web accessibility. We care how we treat our customers. Our employees are passionate about what they do and make it happen.
- Develop and maintain customer communication applications using VB .Net and Java
- Develop and maintain customer communication templates using Adobe PDF and Documentum
- Manage multiple tasks and projects simultaneously while working under pressure, using sound judgment & professionalism
- Develop innovative solutions and deliver results
- Work with general direction and exercise independent thinking
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science or related technical field, or equivalent practical experience required
- Experience with Documentum API (DFC, DFS), .Net programming languages (VB, C#) and frameworks in both 32bit and 64bit versions of Windows
- Experience with integration and customization with Office, Adobe, and open source frameworks
- Experience with XML, JDBC, Shell, & windows command line Scripting
- Experience with Java and PDF tools (iText, etc)
- Open-source tools or OpenText Exstream experience is a plus
- Experience with the software development lifecycle, including Agile methodologies, is a plus
Prudential is a multinational financial services leader with operations in the United States, Asia, Europe, and Latin America. Leveraging its heritage of life insurance and asset management expertise, Prudential is focused on helping individual and institutional customers grow and protect their wealth. The company's well-known Rock symbol is an icon of strength, stability, expertise and innovation that has stood the test of time. Prudential's businesses offer a variety of products and services, including life insurance, annuities, retirement-related services, mutual funds, asset management, and real estate services.
We recognize that our strength and success are directly linked to the quality and skills of our diverse associates. We are proud to be a place where talented people who want to make a difference can grow as professionals, leaders, and as individuals. Visit www.prudential.com to learn more about our values, our history and our brand.
Prudential is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Note that this posting is intended for individual applicants. Search firms or agencies should email Staffing at email@example.com for more information about doing business with Prudential.
Job Function: Information Technology