As an Appliance Delivery & Installation Driver, you will make deliveries and perform appliance installations. Deliveries are typically performed Monday to Friday driving our late model fleet of vehicles, including 16’ & 24’ trucks; all equipped with lift-gates. Our drivers deliver multiple stops per day to a variety of facilities and businesses. In general, our drivers run established routes; you have the opportunity to get to know our customers, build relationships and create customer loyalty.
MAJOR TASKS, RESPONSIBILITES AND KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES
• Performing pre and post trip vehicle inspections to insure your vehicle is ready for the road
• Loading the truck in an efficient manner for unload and confirming customer orders
• Climbing in and out of delivery cab to accommodate customer deliveries throughout the day
• Operating foot and hand controls for commercial vehicles
• Operating commercial vehicle in compliance with local, state and federal laws
• Creating customer cheerleaders through excellent customer service; providing assistance as a liaison between customer service and delivery location as needed
• Performing overtime as required, accomplishing deliveries and maintaining customer satisfaction
• Obtaining delivery confirmation via manual or electronic methods
• Performing warehouse duties and tasks assigned
NATURE AND SCOPE
Reports to Transportation Manager.
ENVIRONMENTAL JOB REQUIREMENTS
Usually in a comfortable environment but with regular exposure to factors causing moderate physical discomfort from such things as dust, fumes or odors.
Typically requires overnight travel less than 10% of the time.
Additional Environmental Job Requirements:
Must be twenty one years of age or older.
Must be legally permitted to work in the United States.
Additional Minimum Qualifications:
The knowledge, skills and abilities typically acquired through the completion of a high school diplomas and/or GED.
Years of Relevant Work Experience: 0 years
Requires intermittent periods during which continuous physical exertion is required, such as walking, standing, stooping, climbing, lifting material or equipment, some of which may be heavy or awkward.
1 year of previous delivery driver experience preferred
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies:As a Delivery Driver you must be a team player with excellent customer service skills and the drive to succeed. Qualified candidates are self-motivated, responsible, highly organized and able to multitask in a fast paced and changing environment.
Other requirements of the Local Truck Driver include:
• Valid, active Driver’s License
• Clean Motor Vehicle Record
• Ability to load and unload heavy items up to 70 lbs.
• Must pass DOT physical, criminal check and drug screen
• Excellent customer service skills
• Clean appearance
• Must be familiar with local and surrounding areas
• Ability to read a maps and follow directions
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.