Driver - Transport (tractor trailer) Part Time/CDL A License
Job Title: Driver - Transport (tractor trailer) Part Time/CDL A License
Location: Newport News, VA
Category: Engineering, Manufacturing, Utilities
$10.00 per hour
• Deliver finished products or raw materials to assigned destination
• Ensure safety and compliance of load
• Maintain DOT driver log and other required transport documentation
• Regular, reliable, predictable attendance
• Candidate earns $0.414 mileage and $10.00 per hour downtime.
• 21 years or older
• Pass the required drug test
• Pass the required background check
• Pass DOT physical and DOT Road Test
• Valid Class A CDL license (with HazMat/Double and Tanker endorsements)
• Follow DOT Regulations
• Operating trucks requiring a CDL Class A license (e.g., driving forwards, driving backwards, maneuvering in tight spaces, dropping and hooking, operating landing gear, or backing into docks and confined spaces, etc.)
• Hauling consumer products and perishable consumer goods (e.g., transporting unstable loads or hauling different weights on different trip segments, etc.)
• Operating a tractor-trailer in different conditions (e.g., highway driving, side/local roads, city/country, maneuvering in tight spaces, etc.)
Performance with Purpose
Out performing ourselves is a rush. That's why we perform with purpose. Together, we blaze new trails, succeed, celebrate and then do something even bigger. We never settle for second best. At PepsiCo we're not just committed to performing well as individuals, but as a team, to strengthen the company as a whole.
Around the world, we're working hard to give people the tastes they crave and the nutrition they need. We dream globally and act locally, constantly innovating to sustain our planet, our people, our communities and our business practices. New markets mean new ways of doing business, and new ways of addressing health concerns, cultural differences and environmental challenges. Every day is an adventure, and an opportunity for personal and professional growth.