eCommerce Strategy Innovation Associate
Job Title: eCommerce Strategy Innovation Associate
Location: New York, NY
The impact of technology has fundamentally evolved and in some cases transformed almost every consumer segment with groceries / consumables being the next space that both external experts and large players (e.g., Amazon, Walmart, Alibaba) are betting on. As a result, eCommerce is one of the fastest-growing areas within the consumer products industry and represents a significant opportunity (and potential threat) for PepsiCo across geographies. To ensure we win in this space we have established a dedicated eCommerce group, bringing together world class talent across F&B, digital, and key customers. While tied closely to broader PepsiCo, the eCommerce group has a unique start-up feel and defined values that embrace a more entrepreneurial mindset: bias for action; results oriented; community-focused; prioritization of people.
Strategy and finance are critical components of this new organization. To meet our aggressive growth targets and compete effectively against start-ups and/or technology competitors requires a step-change in our thinking and the way that we approach strategy. Given the nuances in F&B evolution across key regional markets, tailoring our approach to win in each respective context is also critical. Accordingly, this role will play a major part in shaping and executing the global eCommerce innovation, strategy, and finance agenda.
- Scope of role: 70% innovation/strategy, 30% finance
- Innovation & Strategy
- PEP innovation performance tracking & best practice sharing: Own innovation performance tracking. Perform deep dive analytics (quantitative & qualitative) to diagnose drivers of performance and identify innovation best practices among market winners. Provide learnings to commercial teams and partner with the commercial organization to co-develop the future pipeline
- Overall innovation strategy: Collaborate with strategy and broader eComm leadership to shape & execute broader PEP eComm strategy
- Ad-hoc support for key innovation workstreams: Provide ad-hoc support to sales/marketing teams to help drive key priorities (e.g., gifting)
- Budgeting: Partner with the North American Marketing team to manage marketing spend $'s - budgeting, tracking of actuals and forecasting process to ensure $s are spent in a timely manner
- Process improvement: Initiate, drive and implement improvements of processes and identify opportunities to automate; constantly look to invent and simplify
Key Skills/Experience Required:
- Education: Bachelor's degree in Business, finance, Economics
- Work experience: 1-3 years of working experience in an analytical or planning role including but not limited to: corporate finance, investment banking, management consulting
- Strong quantitative & qualitative analysis skills: Ability to leverage Excel and other quantitative tools (e.g., Access) for analytical heavy lifting. Ability to analyze qualitative data and translate findings into meaningful consumer insights, integrating relevant business knowledge as well as learning from other projects/sources
- Comfort with PowerPoint: Ability to create slides and communicate implications of analyses concisely
- Collaborative mindset: As demonstrated by past experience working with cross functional teams
- Comfort with ambiguity: As demonstrated by being able to adapt in less-structured environment
- Strong attention to detail and ability to multi-task
- Highly motivated and team oriented
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
PepsiCo is an equal opportunity employer Minorities/Females/People with Disabilities/Protected Veterans/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please download the available EEO is the Law (http://pep.jobs/eeo-poster) & EEO is the Law Supplement (http://pep.jobs/eeo-poster-supplement) documents by copying and pasting the appropriate URL in the address bar of your web browser.
To view our Pay Transparency Statement, please click here: Pay Transparency StatementJob Ref: 115871BR",
Performance with Purpose
Out performing ourselves is a rush. That's why we perform with purpose. Together, we blaze new trails, succeed, celebrate and then do something even bigger. We never settle for second best. At PepsiCo we're not just committed to performing well as individuals, but as a team, to strengthen the company as a whole.
Around the world, we're working hard to give people the tastes they crave and the nutrition they need. We dream globally and act locally, constantly innovating to sustain our planet, our people, our communities and our business practices. New markets mean new ways of doing business, and new ways of addressing health concerns, cultural differences and environmental challenges. Every day is an adventure, and an opportunity for personal and professional growth.