EDI Developer - Phoenix, AZ(Job Number:702444)
Is it important to you to create an application that will benefit millions of people? At Optum, you are empowered to do your best! You will work with an elite team to create applications using the newest and latest technologies.
If you have a solid track record for innovation and accomplishment, we are eager to speak with you! We hire talented coding professionals who are looking to advance their careers by working for the best company in the healthcare industry. You will have the most opportunities to grow and develop your career while using the skills that you have obtained thus far. Being a leader in healthcare IT, it is always challenging and exciting here at Optum in creating the healthcare system of tomorrow. Join us and start doing your life's best work.
In this role, you will be involved in developing innovative business solutions by creating new applications, modifying existing applications and providing post production support. Predominantly you will be designing, coding, testing, debugging, documenting and supporting all types of applications consistent with established specifications and business requirements to deliver value to our organization.
The position involves:
- Analysis, coding, testing, documentation and resolution of inbound and outbound claims EDI transactions on healthcare systems.
- Analyzes, and assess areas for performance improvements, and recommends and implements changes for better system process performance
- Ability to trace transactions across multiple platform technologies for balance and controls purposes.
- Working closely with other IT and support teams across several application areas to resolve transaction and data issues to meet the customer’s needs and deadlines.
- Support of concurrent testing environments
- Proficient in trouble-shooting / problem solving / analytical thinking
- Experience modifying and running batches jobs
- Experience with large-volume data
- Experience with Oracle databases
- Strong technical system design capability
- Self-motivated and have the ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Work within a large cross-functional project team structure
- Ability to interpret and translate business requirements into system / application changes which meets (or exceeds) stakeholder expectations.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of sensitive customer and internal information
- Strong technical aptitude and ability to research, document and solve complex issues independently
Job Applications Development
Primary Location US-AZ-Phoenix
Organization Core Claim Platforms
Number of Openings 1