Electrical and Maintenance Specialist (FT/Rotating Shifts)
Job Title: Electrical and Maintenance Specialist (FT/Rotating Shifts)
Location: Oakland, CA
Category: Engineering, Manufacturing, Utilities
$32.20 per hour
• Perform Preventative Maintenance task to identify all potential mechanical and electrical issues with equipment throughout the plant
• Follow daily work schedules to complete all assigned PMs, Corrective, Safety and Quality work orders
• Perform PMs for the sole purpose of generating work orders on minor repair items such as loose connections, leaks, alignment and adjustment problems
• Perform safety inspections of guarding, tripping hazards, proper use and handling of equipment
• Install piping for water, steam and gas lines in a code-acceptable manner
• Investigate mechanical and electrical problems, analyze cause and make suggestions to keep problems from recurring utilizing the Breakdown Analysis process (BDA)
• Rebuild worn-out, but reusable, pieces of equipment, such as gearboxes
• Troubleshoot and repair all mechanical, electrical, pneumatic, utility system to include wastewater and boiler trouble calls to include PLC systems
• Understand plant fire alarm systems
• Start-up/Shut-down the line and know the sequence of operation.
• Start-up and shut down the boiler safely. Perform daily boiler blow-downs, perform daily boiler water treatment test and be able to take action based on test results
• Calibrate pressure, temperature, level, PH recorders and indicators
• Understand the storeroom system and available alternatives if parts or equipment are not available.
• Support TPM as a site expert delivering operations training
• Use plant work order system, including generating work orders, making repairs and re-supplying parts
• Keep accurate records pertaining to parts usage, procedures, shift notes and other records assigned
• Perform all work in an organized manner, including clean-up
• Handle special assignments or other duties as assigned by authorized personnel
• Set-up, surface preparation prior to welding, choose the proper rod for the job, weld various beads: butt, lap, fillet, weld with arc welder, weld for strength on fabrication jobs, use cutting torch
• Perform mechanical and electrical functions necessary in major project installations
• Management retains the discretion to add to or change the duties of the position at anytime
• Minimum 5 year's experience in Industrial Automation
• Able to read (including Mechanical/Electrical blueprints, parts and instruction manuals), write and communicate in English
• Able to lift and carry up to 50 pounds on an occasional basis.
• Must be able to perform basic math computations to determine gear ratios etc.
• Ability to fabricate and make repairs utilizing shop equipment
• Ability to mechanically and electrically assemble and disassemble machinery, troubleshoot, repair, replace equipment and ability to install/remove equipment
• Ability to troubleshoot and repair electro/pneumatic controls, photoelectric sensing systems, programmable controllers and AC and DC motors
• Ability to calibrate pressure, temperature, level, PH recorders and indicators
• Familiarity with: Electrical Systems & Electrical Theory, Machine Controls, Electromechanical, Computer Literacy, Networking, PLC's, Power Distribution, Strong Understanding of Single-phase transformer
• Ability to plan and anticipate needs for various projects
• Ability to work at various heights and with various chemicals. Demonstrated ability to work in a safe and controlled manner
• Must have the ability to work in a team environment
• Must have the ability to learn new technologies
• Candidate must demonstrate capability through the Electrical and Mechanical
NOCTI test to be considered for this position.
• Support the plant Food Safety Policy
Performance with Purpose
Out performing ourselves is a rush. That's why we perform with purpose. Together, we blaze new trails, succeed, celebrate and then do something even bigger. We never settle for second best. At PepsiCo we're not just committed to performing well as individuals, but as a team, to strengthen the company as a whole.
Around the world, we're working hard to give people the tastes they crave and the nutrition they need. We dream globally and act locally, constantly innovating to sustain our planet, our people, our communities and our business practices. New markets mean new ways of doing business, and new ways of addressing health concerns, cultural differences and environmental challenges. Every day is an adventure, and an opportunity for personal and professional growth.