Email Marketing Designer 1204644
Location:San Jose, California, US
Area of InterestMarketing and Communications
What You'll Do
Cisco is looking for an Email Marketing Designer who understands lifecycle marketing and all the touch points along the customer journey. Our team needs more than a user experience designer; we need a persona-focus storyteller and a guardian of the customer experience. This brand-savvy person will have deep knowledge of digital touchpoints along the journey and how meaningful content can drive product engagement.
The right individual will be experienced in lifecycle marketing, the latest email practices and constantly seeks to learn and test more. They will quickly conceptualize an idea and passionately align colleagues around creative concepts underpinned with solid reasoning.
You balance art and science to create engaging digital experiences for today’s connected customers which incorporates business strategy, marketing objectives, creative and data driven insights.
Foundationally, you must understand personalization and how personas drive the contact strategy.
- Develop and code responsive email designs aligned to established brand standards
- Work with program manager, copywriter, marketing manager, analyst, and developers
- Source stock imagery and when budget allows manage photoshoots
- Strive to develop efficiencies and solid process for delivering concepts and assets.
- Remain current with latest graphic design/marketing & communication trends for email marketing
- Scope and create email templates based on best practices and optimize to improve performance
Who You’ll Work With
Cisco’s Collaboration Group is a fast growing industry leader in cutting edge solutions that change the way IT is consumed. Here, you’ll be part of a team that drives the lifecycle marketing strategy throughout our customer’s journey. We are leading the next evolution of the user experience by adding value at each touchpoint to strengthen customer engagement. You’ll collaborate with a group that is passionate about transforming the world and delivering great customer experiences.
Who You Are
- Bachelor Degree in Graphic Design or related studies
- Minimum 3+ years of professional experience on a marketing art team
- 2 years’ experience designing responsive emails
- 2 years’ experience in the SaaS industry
- Strong knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite including Dreamweaver and Photoshop; InDesign and Illustrator a plus
- Working understanding of CSS and HTML in email
- Creates a wide range of ideas/designs to ensure the creative execution supports the brand strategy
- Proven ability to articulate design concepts effectively to both internal and external audiences
- Experience working with all levels of management
- Amazing sense of typography, color, layout, and hierarchy
- Strong understanding of email marketing design and best practices to maximize responsiveness
- Prior experience working within Support, Sales, BizDev, DevOps and/or a PMO
- Working knowledge of email automation platforms (Eloqua, Marketo, Responsys, etc.)
- Strong communication skills (written, verbal)
- At ease managing multiple projects, setting stakeholder expectations, working individually and collaborating across teams
- Will be required to provide portfolio examples of writing style
- Good project management skills, demonstrated ability to multi-task and meet deadlines
We connect everything: people, processes, data, and things. We innovate
everywhere, taking bold risks to shape the technologies that give us smart
cities, connected cars, and handheld hospitals. And we do it in style with
unique personalities who aren’t afraid to change the way the world works,
lives, plays and learns.
We are thought leaders, tech geeks, pop culture aficionados, and we even have a few purple haired rock stars. We celebrate the creativity and diversity that fuels our innovation. We are dreamers and we are doers.
We Are Cisco