Engineer Customer Support
Location:Bogota, Cundinamarca, Colombia
Area of InterestTechnical Support
Technology InterestCloud and Data Center, Collaboration, Video, Security
<b>Who You'll Work With</b>
Cisco seeks a High Touch Engineer (HTE) whose role is providing in-depth SP Video technologies.
The team Is a technical expert in a broad area covering multiple technologies. Applies expected product behavior across industry practices. Knows how the technology is expected to work in the industry.
Interfaces with all levels of CSEs, NCEs, SEs, VARs, OEMs, end-users & internal engineering departments.
Works on problems of diverse scope where analysis requires evaluation of identifiable factors. Acts as a focal point for large account network problem resolution. Provides support on a world-wide basis.
Connects with customers and partners across functions and boundaries to achieve significant results
<b>What You'll Do</b>
● Provide Network Problem Resolution, Root-Cause Analysis, IOS Software Referral assistance as per contracted agreement with named customer
Earns the confidence of customers and is able to use the confidence to achieve results. Collaborates with Engineering on complex product and software issues, driving resolution of specific bugs.
● SP Video technology
● Receives minimal supervision, no instruction on routine work, and general instruction on new assignments.
● Provides systems/product training. Provides guidance & leadership to less experienced engineers.
● Solves extremely complex problems where analysis requires in-depth evaluation of factors with imaginative and innovative troubleshooting and experimentation as well as evaluation of intangible variables
<b>Who You Are</b>
● At least 2 years’ experience troubleshooting SP Video across Cisco platforms.
● Minimum 4 years of networking experience, including configuring, analyzing & troubleshooting complex networks
● Typically requires BS in CS or EE or equivalent plus 5-7 years related experience.
● Excellent written and verbal communication, interpersonal and presentation skills. Ability to function effectively in ambiguous circumstances. Key involvement in CA and cross-functional teams to resolve major customer issues. Leads team collaboration extending beyond work group.
Strong security and data center solution knowledge, as this position will primarily focus on supporting Cisco's Security and data center products.
Strong Layer 3 and 2 knowledge’s this position will also focus on supporting Cisco's SP Video platforms.
Enterprise series routers: Knowledge of system architecture and the ability to independently troubleshoot complex routing, switching and forwarding issues.
Strong documentation skills - to be utilized for case management, knowledge capture, defect management and Trainings.
Very strong Problem Solving skills
Ability to drive recreates remotely-- Many issues result in the engineer needing to perform a recreate of the customer problem in order to isolate the issue and resolve.
Proven crisis management skills, and the ability to excel under pressure.
Demonstrated excellence in customer-interaction, written and verbal communication, assertive leadership.
We connect everything: people, processes, data, and things. We innovate everywhere, taking bold risks to shape the technologies that give us smart cities, connected cars, and handheld hospitals. And we do it in style with unique personalities who aren’t afraid to change the way the world works, lives, plays and learns.
We are thought leaders, tech geeks, pop culture aficionados, and we even have a few purple haired rock stars. We celebrate the creativity and diversity that fuels our innovation. We are dreamers and we are doers.
We Are Cisco.