Location:Bangalore, Karnataka, India
Area of InterestEngineer - Software
G6 JD (Development)
Who You'll Work With:
Core Software Group (CSG) has the charter for all Platform Independent and Platform Dependent software development across Switching (for data center, campus core and campus access), wireless, network services, routing, optical software and Enterprise routing and cable access. This includes all the Operating Systems and network services for IOS/XE in Enterprise, IOS-XR in Service Provider and NX-OS in Data Center market segments
The Core Software Group (CSG) within Cisco facilitates customer business transitions by delivering innovative, outcome-driven management and orchestration solutions.
Who You Are:
The successful applicant must have a proven track record of designing and developing high quality software products and should possess the following skills and experience:
* 3-6 years of telecom industry experience
* Excellent Network Management domain development exposure
* 3+ years of in-depth, hands-on development experience development
* 3+ years of Java and Web services expertise
* Good understanding of database technologies
* Good understanding of OOD, UML/modeling technologies
* Working knowledge of SNMP, syslog, HTTP, XML
* Exposure to technologies such as REST, JSON, XPath, XQuery
* Experience of Agile Development is a plus
Apart from technical skills, the following behavioral attributes are highly desirable:
What You'll Do:
The candidate will be involved in the design and development of next generation Network Management product that enables the creation and monitoring of various networking services.
The candidate should be able to:
* Participate in the design, and development of reusable components for a next generation Network Management product
* Work in the team using agile methodologies
* Estimate design and development activities
* Communicate status in scrum meetings and other status meetings
* An excellent problem solver and must be able to come-up with good ideas and solutions to improve product value, quality and processes.
* An excellent team player and should be flexible to work on any assigned tasks.
* Must be a quick learner and should keep up-to-date with latest on technology.
* Proactive attitude in identifying and resolving issues and risks.
* Good written and verbal communication skills
The Internet of Everything is a phenomenon driving new opportunities for Cisco and it's transforming our customers' businesses worldwide. We are pioneers and have been since the early days of connectivity. Today, we are building teams that are expanding our technology solutions in the mobile, cloud, security, IT, and big data spaces, including software and consulting services. As Cisco delivers the network that powers the Internet, we are connecting the unconnected. Imagine creating unprecedented disruption. Your revolutionary ideas will impact everything from retail, healthcare, and entertainment, to public and private sectors, and far beyond. Collaborate with like-minded innovators in a fun and flexible culture that has earned Cisco global recognition as a Great Place To Work. With roughly 10 billion connected things in the world now and over 50 billion estimated in the future, your career has exponential possibilities at Cisco.
We connect everything: people, processes, data, and things. We innovate everywhere, taking bold risks to shape the technologies that give us smart cities, connected cars, and handheld hospitals. And we do it in style with unique personalities who aren't afraid to change the way the world works, lives, plays and learns.
We are thought leaders, tech geeks, pop culture aficionados, and we even have a few purple haired rock stars. We celebrate the creativity and diversity that fuels our innovation. We are dreamers and we are doers.
We Are Cisco.