Location:Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh, India
Area of InterestEngineer - Software
Technology Interest*None, Software Development, Testing
What You'll Do
As a member of the software engineering team, you will:
- Contribute to the architecture, design, implementation, and delivery of Cisco's Switch Software Platform.
- Lead and/or Participate in the definition and development of micro-services that enable developers and partners in building applications.
- Design and build unit and functional tests for your code.
- More experienced developers will provide technical leadership and mentoring for team members.
Who You'll Work With
You will be part of a global INSIEME team, an R&D group working on cutting edge technologies in a fast paced environment. INSBU develops high-performance switches for the datacentre and for the cloud. It used to be that high-speed packet forwarding was performed in dedicated ASIC designs. As part of continuous innovation we are looking to make those ASICs more general and programmable using P4 as a specification language for distributed networking system.
You will be part of a software team working closely with academic luminaries and the teams that develop compilers, run time engines, advanced verification systems using constraint solvers, etc. We are looking for motivated individuals, who have excellent software background, good computing skills and enjoy challenging tasks.
Who You Are
- Strong understanding of CS fundamentals (data structures, algorithms and programming languages).
- Fluency in day-to-day Development & Designing (Architectural designing) on Unix /Linux platform.
- Understanding of Object Oriented Analysis and Design (OOA/OOD) and Design Patterns. (Either Java / C++ / C#)
- Understanding of performance/space tradeoffs.
- Familiarity with UNIX development environment.
- Strong problem solving and debugging skills.
- Self-motivated and able to work effectively in a team environment.
- Good English written/oral communication skills.
The Internet of Everything is a phenomenon driving new opportunities for Cisco and it's transforming our customers' businesses worldwide. We are pioneers and have been since the early days of connectivity. Today, we are building teams that are expanding our technology solutions in the mobile, cloud, security, IT, and big data spaces, including software and consulting services. As Cisco delivers the network that powers the Internet, we are connecting the unconnected. Imagine creating unprecedented disruption. Your revolutionary ideas will impact everything from retail, healthcare, and entertainment, to public and private sectors, and far beyond. Collaborate with like-minded innovators in a fun and flexible culture that has earned Cisco global recognition as a Great Place To Work. With roughly 10 billion connected things in the world now and over 50 billion estimated in the future, your career has exponential possibilities at Cisco.
We Are Cisco.