Enterprise Architect - Multiple Locations(Job Number:705632)
Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
The enterprise is undertaking a number of large, multi-year initiatives which will better position us for the transformations occurring in the health care delivery and health care financing industries. These programs are strategically aligned to advance our capabilities along several dimensions. They must also be aligned with the enterprise architecture goals of values-driven investment, more integrated, modern, and simple.
In this position, as Enterprise Architect, you will be assigned to one or more of the strategic programs and will be responsible for providing architectural leadership to these key initiatives across the organization, ensuring the programs are aligned to the IT strategy, leveraging enterprise components and capabilities, advancing the state of our IT assets, and expanding and improving upon our enterprise engineering strategy.
You will use your skills, experience and analysis to help UHG application teams to make business-critical decisions regarding their technology selection, strategies etc. The team’s mission is to identify and bring in emerging technologies that would have significant business and company benefit in the next 12-24 months. You will work with different Optum team experts and / or vendors to execute research projects.
You will be given varied responsibilities and there will be ample opportunity to meet different teams, vendors / clients, executive management etc. In essence, there are lot of opportunities and interesting/challenging work!
- Provide architecture consulting support for strategic initiatives across the enterprise. The areas of focus include Cloud Computing, Infrastructure as a Service, Healthcare Business Services, and Big Data Platform as a Service
- Research, analyze, design and provide oversight in implementing enterprise IT solutions addressing complex areas for specific business and technical domains
- Work with business and IT owners, analysts, solution engineers, development teams and infrastructure services to define and communicate solution architectures
- Evaluate tools and technologies in the context of the future state architecture and evolving business requirements
- Contribute to technology roadmaps and shape the future of strategic technology platforms
- Conduct vendor analysis and proof-of-concepts for new technologies / solutions
- Facilitate open communication and fact-based decision making
- Collaborate within and across teams to establish and document best practices in various technology areas
- Articulate, present, and make recommendations to senior leadership
- Be a thought leader: mentor, coach, and guide developers and other architects across the organization
- Use your excellent communication and presentation skills
- Be resourceful and work independently; seek guidance on only the most complex tasks
Job IT Architecture
Primary Location US-MN-Plymouth
Other Location US-MN-Eden Prairie, US-CT-Hartford, US-CA-Santa Ana
Organization Software Engineering Services
Number of Openings 1