Escalation Engineer - Advanced Threat
Location:New York, NY, US
Additional Location(s)US East Coast locations
Area of InterestEngineer - Software
The Cisco AMP engineering team is composed of highly skilled individuals who are comfortable working in a fast paced and technically challenging environment. This is an exciting opportunity to work with the engineering groups to handle escalations for the Advanced Malware Protection platforms.
The hired employee will be responsible for troubleshooting on Windows, Mac, Android, and Linux platforms as well as operating within a cloud architecture and Threat Grid cloud/appliances. Furthermore, that person will be required to read technical documents, create and update troubleshooting document, communicate both written and verbally to customers, and contribute to overall team efficiency.
● 3-5+ years experience in a customer facing
(phone or in person) role
● 2+ years experience in a previous technical support role
● Ability to work independently when writing test cases, test plans, and other supporting documentation
● Excellent communication skills, making use of email, IM, and phone
● Experience working in a mixed OS environments including Windows, Mac, and Linux
● Good collaboration skills, working with
multiple engineering teams to resolve complex customer issues
● Understanding of security products (Firewalls, IDS/IPS, AntiVirus, and/or Proxy servers)
● Fluency in written and spoken English
● Desktop support or administration on Windows,
Mac, and Linux
● Server support or administration on Windows and Linux
● Scripting via awk, bash, DOS batch, and/or VBScript
● Custom application development via Ruby on Rails or other high-level language knowledge
● Experience with NoSQL technologies (Mongo, CouchDB, Redis, etc.)
● Experience with SQL (Postgres, MySQL, Microsoft SQL, etc.