Essential Plan Broker Sales Manager - Syracuse, NY(Job Number:709468)
Great sales are the result of strong purpose, conviction and pride - pride in your ability and your product. UnitedHealth Group offers a portfolio of products that are greatly improving the life of others. Bring along your passion and do your life's best work.(sm)
This Essential Plan Broker Sales Manager is responsible for achieving assigned sales / membership growth targets through the Brokers within the assigned territories. They will be responsible for creating and maintaining relationships with the Broker Community.
This Manager will be responsible for all product and benefit trainings for the broker channel and will act as the primary point of contact to the broker community on behalf of the health plan. The Broker Manager will assist brokers in uncovering market niches and actively pursuing growth opportunities, as well as, monitor sales results, trends and key performance indicators (KPI's) and hold brokers accountable for achieving targets. They will understand the target audience of our products and how to position products and value proposition to remain competitive.
- Continually build and nurture our base of producing brokers
- Provide a structured on-boarding process, leveraging corporate contracting, certification and training processes, tools and systems
- Organize involvement informal and on-the-job training to ensure an accurate understanding of our products, compliance/policy requirements, sales processes, brand and value proposition messages and sales systems
- Organize broker activities, leads and territories to ensure effective and efficient coordination across the territory
- Act as a liaison between brokers and UnitedHealth Group sales process owners to ensure brokers are appropriately set up and supported across their lifecycle. This includes; contracting, licensing / appointment, certification, training, enrollment administration, commission payment, agent servicing, etc.
- Coach / Develop staff to achieve quantitative and qualitative performance targets
- Use data and insights to coach for optimal performance
- Manage day-to-day time and activities of assigned brokers to ensure appropriate leading indicators of success and corresponding sales results
- Conduct regular one-on-one meetings to review sales results/activities and provide feedback / coaching on opportunities for improvement
- Achieve assigned sales targets: Achieve assigned sales/membership growth targets through brokers in the territory
- Work with the Sales Director (SD) and other Area Managers (AMs) to identify and develop relationships with individuals and organizations that influence the buying behavior of our target consumer (e.g.; Providers, Regulators, Faith Based Organizations, and Associations)
- Understand the strengths and weaknesses of each organization and how it impacts the marketplace
- Facilitate engagement of brokers in executing these plans and ensure that they appropriately build and advance our brand and value proposition and represent our product portfolio and service offerings
- Ensure Compliance: Ensure agents adhere to sales and marketing guidelines associated with pertinent regulations, partner expectations; and company policies and procedures
Territory will include Buffalo, Rochester, Syracuse, Albany, and the Hudson Valley
Job C&S Direct Sales
Primary Location US-NY-Syracuse
Organization C&S New York
Number of Openings 1