POSITION PURPOSE -
Provide support to corporate communications/ external affairs team(s) in areas that may include projects, meetings and the planning of events.
MAJOR TASKS, RESPONSIBILITIES AND KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES -
NATURE AND SCOPE -
- Partner with leadership team to coordinate the planning the meetings and events
- Provide excellent customer service in meeting the needs and requests of clients
- Partner with internal and external vendors to determine any necessary requirements and ensure that needs are met accordingly
- Assist leadership team with financials that can include P&L mgmt, invoice processing to ensure timely payments, and AMEX Organize meetings and events
- Help determine and maintain metrics and measurements for reporting to include: contracts, budgets, client surveys and meeting spend
ENVIRONMENTAL JOB REQUIREMENTS - Located in a comfortable indoor area. Any unpleasant conditions would be infrequent and not objectionable. Typically requires overnight travel less than 10% of the time.
- Typically reports to Manager or Above
- Responsible for helping others and providing on-the-job training or guidance
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS -
EDUCATION REQUIRED - The knowledge, skills and abilities typically acquired through the completion of a high school diplomas and/or GED.
YEARS OF RELEVANT WORK EXPERIENCE - 01
PHYSICAL JOB REQUIREMENTSOn rare occasions there may be a need to move or lift light articles.
ADDITIONAL QUALIFICATIONS -
Proven ability to problem solve and manage multiple priorities.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS -
Corporate communications experience a plus Knowledge of The Home Depot's events management
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES AND COMPETENCIES -
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Strong organization skills, and ability to multi-task
- Ability to learn new computer software as needed
- Excellent customer service skills
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.