External Wholesaler, Prudential Investments (Various Locations)
Job Code: 376078
Job Location: Connecticut-Virtual
Prudential Investments is dedicated to helping clients solve their toughest investment challenges—whether it’s capital growth, reliable income, or protection from market volatility and other risks. As part of PGIM, the global investment management business of Prudential Financial, Prudential Investments is the manufacturer and distributor of retail mutual funds sold primarily through third-party distribution channels. The products and strategies we create are managed by PGIM, which is Prudential’s asset management organization. Prudential has become recognized as a leading provider of investment solutions for institutional and retail clients. Our reputation for financial strength, investment talent, risk management, and thought leadership has led to rapid growth—today PGIM is among the world’s 10 largest institutional money managers, responsible for managing more than $1.1 trillion in assets for our global client base (through 6/30/16).
The External Wholesaler is responsible for representing PGIM through retail investment vehicles (mutual funds, separate accounts & 401(k) platforms) to investment professionals and partner firm product coordinators.
The External Wholesaler would engage advisors/teams in several relationship building activities. These activities include: providing technical information on the products they represent, demonstrating a strong knowledge of the competitive landscape, financial markets and industry related topics. The External Wholesaler would also act as a consultant in the areas of practice management and portfolio construction.
In field responsibilities are to drive Prudential Investments separate account and mutual fund sales and improve retention of PGIM assets under. This includes:
• Representing Prudential Investments mutual funds and separate accounts to advisors knowledgeably and effectively so that advisors can clearly identify the benefits of the products relative to its competitors.
• Sharing business building ideas and strategies with financial advisors.
• Providing expert perspective in client meetings.
• Providing technical information to advisors
• Offering and coordinating client marketing assistance to advisors (i.e., client and prospect seminars).
• Working closely with other business partners to align activities and plans for the given region and its advisors
• Develop collaborative quarterly business plans for their region around meeting each of the above objectives.
• The candidate must be motivated with strong territory management and selling skills, and the ability to drive to his/her objectives relatively autonomously.
• The candidate should have 5-7 years experience in the Investments industry, and 3-5 years of external wholesaling experience.
• The candidate will be required to travel extensively in the field, approximately 90% of the time.
• Required licenses: Series 7 and Series 63 or 65.
Prudential is a multinational financial services leader with operations in the United States, Asia, Europe, and Latin America. Leveraging its heritage of life insurance and asset management expertise, Prudential is focused on helping individual and institutional customers grow and protect their wealth. The company's well-known Rock symbol is an icon of strength, stability, expertise and innovation that has stood the test of time. Prudential's businesses offer a variety of products and services, including life insurance, annuities, retirement-related services, mutual funds, asset management, and real estate services.
We recognize that our strength and success are directly linked to the quality and skills of our diverse associates. We are proud to be a place where talented people who want to make a difference can grow as professionals, leaders, and as individuals. Visit www.prudential.com to learn more about our values, our history and our brand.
Prudential is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Note that this posting is intended for individual applicants. Search firms or agencies should email Staffing at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information about doing business with Prudential.
Job Function: Insurance/Financial Service Sales