Energize your career with one of Healthcare’s fastest growing companies.
dream of a great career with a great company – where you can make an
impact and help people. We dream of giving you the opportunity to do
just this. And with the incredible growth of our business, it’s a dream
that definitely can come true. Already one of the world’s leading
Healthcare companies, UnitedHealth Group is restlessly pursuing
new ways to operate our Service Centers, improve our Service levels and
help people lead healthier lives. We live for the opportunity to make a
difference and right now, we are living it up.
This opportunity is with one of our most exciting business areas: Optum –a growing part of our family of companies that make UnitedHealth Group a Fortune 14 leader.
nearly 60 million Americans live their lives to the fullest by
educating them about their symptoms, conditions, and treatments; helping
them to navigate the system, finance their Healthcare needs, and stay
on track with their Health goals. No other business touches so many
lives in such a positive way. And we do it all with every action focused
on our shared values of Integrity, Compassion, Relationships,
Innovation, and Performance.
we're removing the barriers that keep people from receiving the kind of
quality healthcare that makes a difference. We focus on Integrity,
Compassion, Relationships, Innovation and Performance as we empower
people to achieve better health and well-being.
As a Community Health Worker (CHW), you
will act in a liaison role with Medicaid members to ensure appropriate
care is accessed as well as to provide home and social assessments and
- Create a positive experience and relationship with the member
- Keep the member out of the hospital by supporting regular visits to their primary physician
- Keep member actively engaged with their primary physician
- Support the member to ensure pick-up of their Rx
- Proactively engage the member to manage their care
- Provide member education
- Support transitions of care
- Help to keep members compliant with their care plans
- Partner with care team (community, providers, internal staff)
- Knowledge and continued learning of community cultures and values
- May conduct member assessments if needed