Field Finance Intern
Job Title: Field Finance Intern
Location: Purchase, NY
Category: Campus (Intern/Leadership)
We are PepsiCo
PepsiCo is one of the world's leading food and beverage companies with over $63 billion in net revenue in 2015 and a global portfolio of diverse and beloved brands. We have a complementary food and beverage portfolio that includes 22 brands that in 2015 each generated more than $1 billion in estimated annual retail sales. PepsiCo's products are sold in more than 200 countries and territories around the world. PepsiCo's strength is its people. We are over 250,000 game changers, mountain movers and history makers, scattered around the world, and united by a shared set of values and goals. We believe that acting ethically and responsibly is not only the right thing to do, but also the right thing to do for our business. At PepsiCo, we aim to deliver top-tier financial performance over the long term by integrating sustainability into our business strategy, leaving a positive imprint on society and the environment. We call this Performance with Purpose. For more information on PepsiCo and the possibilities it holds, visit www.pepsico.com .
PepsiCo Finance partners have a seat at a table, and a voice in the conversation, across the company. Successful interns gain a foundation of the functional and organizational skills needed to contribute to these conversations as they rotate through different teams over the course of their career. Because the internship program is a critical feeder of future Finance leadership, interns must learn to take the risks and ask the questions required of the company's rising stars.
PepsiCo has 8 geographic operating regions in the U.S. that are responsible for the manufacturing, selling, and distribution of its beverage portfolio which accounts for over $10 billion in annual sales. Undergraduate interns will join the finance team in one of these regions to gain valuable operating experience in a large-scale and fast paced operating environment and will be exposed to the following functional areas:
* Financial Planning: Manages region financial performance through action-oriented analytical insights and traditional financial tools. FP&A associates focus on the development of monthly forecasts, the annual operating plan, and performance improvement opportunities.
* Revenue Management: Sets retail pricing and package architecture strategy. Revenue management associates contribute to promotional pricing guidelines, and advise on customer portfolio strategy. They also assess elasticities, demand trends and pricing/promotional performance to advise on optimal structures across customers and products.
* Sales Finance: Supports Retail and Foodservice sales teams to drive revenue and market share. Sales Finance associates manage the calendar of events, promotional activities, performance analysis, forecasts, and deal structure.
* Supply Chain Finance: Manages the company's product manufacturing and distribution strategies by analyzing materials, labor and transportation costs. Supply Chain associates assess the financial economics and perform capacity analyses to drive critical capital decisions.
What you can expect:
In addition to gaining hands-on operational knowledge of a large scale beverage business, each intern will be presented with a timely project or business initiative, and challenged to both think strategically and engage cross-functional partners to develop and implement an action plan. Additionally, they will have the opportunity to present and interact with members of the region leadership team as well as network with peers in the organization. This structure mirrors the project-based work process of full-time employees. Although this process lends itself to great autonomy in setting agenda, workflow and output, interns have the full support and backing of their managers and the broader Finance team.
Roles available in the following locations:
- Chicago, IL
- Dallas, TX
- Purchase/White Plains, NY
- Baltimore, MD
- Denver, CO
- Detroit, MI
- Orlando, FL
- Laguna, CA
What we're looking for:
- Currently pursuing a degree in: Finance and/or Accounting (other related majors will be considered)
- Involvement in a minimum of one extracurricular activity
- Bright, self-starting, innovative thinkers who are passionate about what they do
- Strong analytical skills and business acumen combined with a high degree of intellectual curiosity
- Candidate should have strong leadership qualities, and an interest in consumer packaged goods
- Leading people or leading projects throughout your academic career (on or off campus)
- Candidates should be able to balance a bias for leadership roles with an equal propensity for working collaboratively within teams
Minimum Qualifications - Each candidate is expected to:
- Graduate with Bachelor's degree within one (1) year of internship completion.
- Be eligible to work in United States without work authorization sponsorship now or anytime in the future
- Pass a drug screen and background investigation
- List the following on submitted resume:
- Location preference
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability Protected Veteran:
PepsiCo is an equal opportunity employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please download the available EEO is the Law (http://pep.jobs/eeo-poster ) & EEO is the Law Supplement (http://pep.jobs/eeo-poster-supplement ) documents by copying and pasting the appropriate URL in the address bar of your web browser.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin,
protected veteran status, or disability status.
PepsiCo is an equal opportunity employer Minorities/Females/People with Disabilities/Protected Veterans/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please download the available EEO is the Law (http://pep.jobs/eeo-poster) & EEO is the Law Supplement (http://pep.jobs/eeo-poster-supplement) documents by copying and pasting the appropriate URL in the address bar of your web browser.
To view our Pay Transparency Statement, please click here: Pay Transparency StatementJob Ref: 100442BR",
Performance with Purpose
Out performing ourselves is a rush. That's why we perform with purpose. Together, we blaze new trails, succeed, celebrate and then do something even bigger. We never settle for second best. At PepsiCo we're not just committed to performing well as individuals, but as a team, to strengthen the company as a whole.
Around the world, we're working hard to give people the tastes they crave and the nutrition they need. We dream globally and act locally, constantly innovating to sustain our planet, our people, our communities and our business practices. New markets mean new ways of doing business, and new ways of addressing health concerns, cultural differences and environmental challenges. Every day is an adventure, and an opportunity for personal and professional growth.