The RN Field Case Manager for the STAR Kids Program will manage the care of members in their homes or other community settings by completing in-person health assessments and coordinating patient care, focusing on disease management and keeping members healthy and independent.
We are hiring Field RN Case Managers in the McAllen, Texas area.
- Engaging members / families in their homes or in a facility to coordinate services, community resources and treatment needs
- Travel in assigned territory as needed to complete member assessments; the rest of the time will be spent working in a home-based office
- Delivering a holistic approach to coordinated care based on the member’s needs using a person centered approach
- Identifying early risk factors and conducting ongoing assessments and documenting in an electronic file
- Creating, reviewing and revising care plans and focusing on a holistic approach
- Functioning as an advocate for member
- Collaborating with the member's PCP to deliver and coordinate necessary services
- Building relationships with members and their families; assisting them with coordination of health choices
- Ensuring cases are documented in a timely manner
- Coordination with other state agencies, community resources and providers