Location:Bangalore, Karnataka, India
Area of InterestFinance
What you’ll do
· Become subject matter expert for functional organization, tie back business execution and deliverables to financials
· Engage with budget owners, gather financial planning details, conduct interlock sessions, and help facilitate target setting for the fiscal year as well quarterly recommits
· Conduct forecast review meetings, engage data driven conversation, provide explanation to variances, make recommendation pro-actively as needed to ensure execution to spend guidance, and facilitate accurate reporting from financial systems
· Provide managerial reporting by programs, funding sources, initiatives, and assist with forward looking planning
· Produce monthly forecast, Drive accountability to ensure monthly execution by spend categories, track actual execution against commit, collaborate effectively with other team members and communicate results
· Load financial details in financial systems for fiscal year budgeting, quarterly recommits and monthly close
· Track & manage functional headcount & resources
· Approve PRs and cross charges for the functional group, reconcile open PO report, GL and A/P details for analysis and month end closing
· Ad hoc reporting as required
Who you’ll work with
Exciting changes are happening within the Cisco Finance organization as we shift to become even more focused on our business partners and drive major transformational initiatives in the way we operate. This role provides an opportunity to work very close with the leaders responsible for these changes. It is a great opportunity to have firsthand knowledge of the priorities of the Finance organization.
The Senior Financial Analyst within Finance will provide leadership, direction and analysis to the IT functional organizations. This individual will partner directly with the IT leaders and business operations teams to serve as a key liaison between finance and IT on the key cycles of planning, forecasting, closing & reporting as well as enable the organization to improve to the next level of analytics in regard to Services costing. The successful candidate will become a trusted business partner, putting more emphasis on pro-active planning, using plans as a guiding principle to the execution, and followed by on-demand reporting. Furthermore, the successful candidate will possess excellent attention to details, and collaboration and communications skill.
What You Are
· CA/ MBA with 8+ years of Finance/Accounting experience
· Proven financial planning & analysis skills, with ability to execute
· Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate (at the right level) with all levels of the organization
· Strong business partnership skills with proven ability to build cross functional relationships
· Excellent analytical and critical thinking skills
· Track record of achievement and results orientation
· The candidate must be a self-starter, have the ability to work independently and be comfortable with ambiguity and change.
· Prior experience with information technology finance (desired) but not required.
· Self-starter & fast learner, with the ability to acquire & understand business & finance models/ processes/systems
· Broad knowledge of US GAAP and its application.
· Prior experience with Budget vs. Actual variance analysis
· Ability to establish and meet timelines
· Strong systems and tools skills; including Business Objects, Fin BI Essbase (Fetch), Oracle,
· Expert in Excel and PowerPoint
We connect everything: people, processes, data, and things. We innovate everywhere, taking bold risks to shape the technologies that give us smart cities, connected cars, and handheld hospitals. And we do it in style with unique personalities who aren’t afraid to change the way the world works, lives, plays and learns.
We are thought leaders, tech geeks, pop culture aficionados, and we even have a few purple haired rock stars. We celebrate the creativity and diversity that fuels our innovation. We are dreamers and we are doers.
We are Cisco