Our finance professionals at UnitedHealth Group are engaged in the important work of making health care more affordable, simpler and easier for people to access. Now, more than ever we need finance and accounting professionals like you with the financial skills and discipline to help us achieve this goal. As a Senior Financial Analyst you'll impact millions of lives. You will collaborate with an elite team of accounting and finance professionals who are writing the history of our organization and guiding our success as a global industry leader. Your performance and innovation will find a reception here like nowhere else. You'll find that this is place where you can do your life's best work.(sm)
This position will rely heavily on SAS programming skills to create and maintain forecast models, develop reports to interpret data, and query data to identify and research inconsistencies. It will be necessary for this person thrive in a matrix organization with the ability to support multiple team initiatives.
Positions in this function generate forecasts and analyze trends in sales, SG&A, provider performance, product line profitability, membership, medical costs, premium yields, and other areas of business. Researches economic progressions to assist with the organization's financial planning. Presents findings and recommendations to management. May include responsibility for budget planning and analysis.
- Develop, perform and manage the analyses of business and financial metrics as well as performance measures
- Develop and maintain financial reports to clearly communicate actual results, forecasted performance and variances to plan, forecast and budget
- Understand and incorporate industry specific metrics into reports to highlight relevant trends and support fact-based business decisions
- Develop, perform and manage all aspects of financial planning, budgeting and forecasting
- Work closely with the business to develop, recommend and establish strategies, plans and processes to improve profitability and cost efficiencies
- Produce clear, well-formatted reports that communicate a clear, compelling message for their stakeholders
- Generally work is self-directed and not prescribed
- Works with less structured, more complex issues
- Serves as a resource to others