Financial Reporting Specialist - PGIM Finance
Job Code: 389518
Job Location: New Jersey-Newark
MISSION AND CULTURE OF PRUDENTIAL
Prudential is a company of smart, ambitious professionals working together to create a better future for our customers and our communities around the globe. As one of the most recognizable financial services companies in the world, our employees are building on our 140 year history of financial strength with a focus on innovation and transformation to meet tomorrow’s most complicated challenges. We are committed to the growth and development of our employees. This includes providing talent mobility across the organization, as well as offering employees the opportunity to grow and develop to their full potential with in-house review courses and company sponsored programs for their professional development. We see our business success as a direct result of our talent. We are renowned for our diverse culture and our continued efforts to give back to the communities where we live and work.
CONTROLLERSHIP OPPORTUNITY IN PGIM
PGIM, the global investment management businesses of Prudential Financial Inc., is a multi-manager that delivers industry-leading strategies and solutions to clients. With offices located in 16 countries across five continents, PGIM is among the top 10 largest asset managers in the world with over $1 trillion in assets under management. Each business maintains its own investment process and culture, allowing for a singular focus on delivering investment returns for clients. The PGIM businesses offer investors a wide range of investment strategies across asset classes and geographies, including public equities, public and private fixed income, commercial mortgages and real estate.
The Controllership team in PGIM, currently has an opening for a Financial Reporting Specialist . The Controllership team supports senior management and other business partners in the financial reporting and analysis of the various businesses within PGIM.
- Prepare analytical schedules for the reporting of Assets Under Management (AUM) on a monthly and quarterly basis in collaboration with PGIM Business Units
- Assist in the consolidation and analysis of schedules in preparation of the Quarterly Results Review Package (QRRP), a comprehensive business performance analysis
- Assist in ad hoc projects as needed
- Prepare and maintain monthly/quarterly income statements for the various business units within Asset Management segment
- Assist in preparation of quarterly schedules including Fixed Assets, Goodwill and Intangibles, Accounts Receivable Aging Reports
- Assist in PASS account reconciliations for PGIM, Inc.
Specific responsibilities for the position will vary over time based on business needs and other factors.
· Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or Economics. MBA, CPA is a plus
· 3-5 years of experience in financial analysis or reporting
· Ability to prioritize and manage multiple responsibilities under tight timeframes
· Strong interpersonal and communication skills, including the ability to explain technical issues in a concise and understandable manner to non-subject matter experts, both verbally and in writing
· Ability to collaborate across the Finance teams and foster relationships across multiple business partners
· Ability to work in a fast paced environment with flexibility based on current demands
· Demonstrated commitment to growth with desire to learn and continuous improvement mindset
Prudential is a multinational financial services leader with operations in the United States, Asia, Europe, and Latin America. Leveraging its heritage of life insurance and asset management expertise, Prudential is focused on helping individual and institutional customers grow and protect their wealth. The company's well-known Rock symbol is an icon of strength, stability, expertise and innovation that has stood the test of time. Prudential's businesses offer a variety of products and services, including life insurance, annuities, retirement-related services, mutual funds, asset management, and real estate services.
We recognize that our strength and success are directly linked to the quality and skills of our diverse associates. We are proud to be a place where talented people who want to make a difference can grow as professionals, leaders, and as individuals. Visit www.prudential.com to learn more about our values, our history and our brand.
Prudential is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Note that this posting is intended for individual applicants. Search firms or agencies should email Staffing at email@example.com for more information about doing business with Prudential.
Job Function: General Accounting