POSITION PURPOSE -
The Financial Systems Sr. Analyst acts as a liaison between the internal business partners (comprising of various functional departments) and IT to support the company's Financial Planning and Forecasting system, Longview. Daily tasks will include development, maintenance and user support. This position will be fundamental in enhancements of Longview and implementing long term strategies. Additionally, this position will be responsible for ensuring the daily activities within Longview meet quality standards and business needs by working with IT projects/support teams, business stakeholders, and Corporate Accounting to validate data in Longview synchronizes with SAP systems of record.
MAJOR TASKS, RESPONSIBILITIES AND KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES -
- Works w/all levels throughout the enterprise by serving as a liaison between the assigned internal customer business unit and various functional departments to ensure policies and procedures are developed and enacted.
- Documents system processes, and training the end-user/providing support as needed. Provide guidance, training, and supervision to others to ensure maximum productivity and development.
- Analyze systems and business processes, develop cost-benefit analysis, and develop and manage work-plans to successfully deliver projects on time and within budget. This will include leading project teams and directing the efforts of team members to ensure projects are completed in a timely and efficient manner.
- Leads meetings, provides strategic vision for any technical concerns. Creates management, project status, and ad-hoc reports. Develops and delivers adequate communication to provide for proper integration across departments, systems and platforms.
NATURE AND SCOPE -
- Typically reports to Director or Manager
- Accountable for direct supervision of the work activities of others. Planning, monitoring and reviewing work of subordinates is required. This may include direct supervision of a shift or the coordination of multiple work groups. Makes recommendations concerning selection, termination, performance appraisal and professional development.
ENVIRONMENTAL JOB REQUIREMENTS -
- Located in a comfortable indoor area. Any unpleasant conditions would be infrequent and not objectionable.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS -
- Must be eighteen years of age
- Must pass the Drug Test
- Must pass pre-employment tests if applicable
EDUCATION REQUIRED -
- The knowledge, skills and abilities typically acquired through the completion of a bachelor's degree program or equivalent degree in a field of study related to the job.
YEARS OF RELEVANT WORK EXPERIENCE - 3
PHYSICAL JOB REQUIREMENTS -
- Most of the time is spent sitting in a comfortable position and there is frequent opportunity to move about. On rare occasions there may be a need to move or lift light articles.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS -
- A Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Business or Computer Science is preferred.
- 5+ years relevant experience preferred
- Experience in process improvement with knowledge of VBA/SQL for use in developing planning models
- Desktop application systems experience preferred
- Project Management experience preferred
- Longview and SAP experience preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills - ability to work with all levels of management
- Good understanding of Accounting and Finance
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES AND COMPETENCIES -
- Project management experience w/formal project management approach using a systems development methodology.
- Prior supervisory approach
- Basic understanding of Accounting and Finance
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.