Job Title: Flavor Technologist
Location: Valhalla, NY
Category: Research & Development
As part of the Flavor Technology team, support PepsiCo's Global Beverage Innovation by driving the configuration, application, and commercialization of new and existing flavor systems. In addition, perform as flavor point of contact for global application of flavor technology as it relates to sugar reduction across the Beverage Portfolio.
- Liaison with Beverage R&D in Global locations to ensure the leverage of technology and knowledge broadly
- Liaison with Flavor Industry vendors to guide both domestic and regional support.
- Point of contact for Global Beverage R&D for multiple go-to-market flavor approaches
- Responsible to deliver flavor formulations for launch by partnering with multiple PepsiCo functions ( Product Development, Discovery, Applications and manufacturing)
- Understanding of raw materials and ingredient interactions in general and those specifically leveraged in the production of flavor concentrates and beverage bases.
- Demonstrate strong technical skills in understanding flavor systems and their application to carbonated and non-carbonated beverages. General knowledge of basic chemistry and food science principles as related to the flavor and beverage industries.
- Knowledge of flavor application processes and best practices for flavor end use in beverage. Understanding of flavor delivery systems (emulsions, extracts and blends) and their use in beverages
- Identify, accelerate, execute best to market approaches to meet project goals and instrumental in driving the right technical and business approach
- Build networks and collaborative relationships with vendors across the Flavor Industry to drive project success.
- Successfully transition from bench top prototypes to large scale commercialization in support of global development initiatives. Final products are commercial-ready and sustainable.
- Knowledge of flavor application and beverage sample preparation techniques. Ability to work safely in a lab environment conducting, evaluating, and assessing flavor prototypes to fit concept or performance specifications (functionality and operational feasibility)
- Strong attention to detail and results oriented, focused on technical excellence and supporting business success
- Outstanding teamwork, communication and organizational skills
- Ability to self-initiate, managing multiple project tasks independently
- Demonstrate strong interpersonal skills with the ability to build and maintain relationships with partners both internal and external to R & D.
- Establish sustainable relationships with Vendors, Purchasing, Regulatory, Flavor QC, Concentrate plants, and Global R&D Product Developers
- Excellent time management skills to complete projects within key timing targets
Knowledge & Experience:
- B.S. with 5-7 years or MS with minimum 3 years experience working with ingredients and flavors in the food and/or flavor industry
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
PepsiCo is an equal opportunity employer Minorities/Females/People with Disabilities/Protected Veterans/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please download the available EEO is the Law (http://pep.jobs/eeo-poster) & EEO is the Law Supplement (http://pep.jobs/eeo-poster-supplement) documents by copying and pasting the appropriate URL in the address bar of your web browser.
To view our Pay Transparency Statement, please click here: Pay Transparency StatementJob Ref: 116724BR",
Performance with Purpose
Out performing ourselves is a rush. That's why we perform with purpose. Together, we blaze new trails, succeed, celebrate and then do something even bigger. We never settle for second best. At PepsiCo we're not just committed to performing well as individuals, but as a team, to strengthen the company as a whole.
Around the world, we're working hard to give people the tastes they crave and the nutrition they need. We dream globally and act locally, constantly innovating to sustain our planet, our people, our communities and our business practices. New markets mean new ways of doing business, and new ways of addressing health concerns, cultural differences and environmental challenges. Every day is an adventure, and an opportunity for personal and professional growth.