Job Title: Flavorist
Location: Valhalla, NY
Category: Research & Development
In this position you will have the opportunity to create flavor systems that will drive the innovation for multiple billion dollar beverage brands. As you advance your career in one of the largest Food and Beverage Companies in the world, your contributions will have an impact on changing the product landscape for consumers, including healthy options for all global markets.
As part of the Flavor technology team you will drive the development and commercialization of new flavors in support of PepsiCo's global business growth. You will apply flavor technology to enable sugar reduction across the entire beverage portfolio; including existing as well as new platforms.
Job Description and Responsibilities:
- Consistent scoping of new raw materials and advancements in flavor technologies across the industry will be critical, as well as ensuring that learning is brought back to the Flavor Technology Team.
- Identify, accelerate, execute fast to market flavor approaches to meet project goals and deliver winning taste profiles to consumers.
- Provide technical expertise and support to other functional groups within the company such as Quality, commercialization Engineers, Product Development, Manufacturing, Purchasing, Sensory and Regulatory.
- Understand the impact of commercialization and shelf life on flavors for beverages and develop technical roadmaps to meet hurdles and challenges.
- Assist in the support of and serve as a mentor to the participants of the internal Flavorist Training Program.
- Establish and maintain effective relationships with internal and external partners and develop a strategic network.
- Highly motivated, team oriented, and possessing strong communication skills.
- Experienced in multi-functional teams that are focused on multiple technology pathways
- Results oriented with the ability to manage, balance and prioritize multiple project initiatives in order to meet business objectives
- B.S. or M.S. with minimum 5 years of experience as a Flavorist
- SFC Apprentice level, Certified Flavor Chemist preferred
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
PepsiCo is an equal opportunity employer Minorities/Females/People with Disabilities/Protected Veterans/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please download the available EEO is the Law (http://pep.jobs/eeo-poster) & EEO is the Law Supplement (http://pep.jobs/eeo-poster-supplement) documents by copying and pasting the appropriate URL in the address bar of your web browser.
To view our Pay Transparency Statement, please click here: Pay Transparency StatementJob Ref: 94176BR",
Performance with Purpose
Out performing ourselves is a rush. That's why we perform with purpose. Together, we blaze new trails, succeed, celebrate and then do something even bigger. We never settle for second best. At PepsiCo we're not just committed to performing well as individuals, but as a team, to strengthen the company as a whole.
Around the world, we're working hard to give people the tastes they crave and the nutrition they need. We dream globally and act locally, constantly innovating to sustain our planet, our people, our communities and our business practices. New markets mean new ways of doing business, and new ways of addressing health concerns, cultural differences and environmental challenges. Every day is an adventure, and an opportunity for personal and professional growth.