1. Prepares hot
food, cold food, snacks, and desserts in amounts consistent with
census for patients, staff, guests, and special events as assigned,
according to standardized recipes and safe food handling practices.
2. Accurately prepares patient trays using the menu spreadsheet
or as directed to insure that patients receive food consistent with
the physician’s diet order and the patient’s preferences
indicated. Utilizes scales, scoops, and other measuring devices to
provide foods in amounts specified on the menu spreadsheet.
Portions food accurately and serves in an attractive manner.
Assists in assembly of meals and serves meal to the patient, staff,
5. Properly covers, labels, dates, and applies the
time of day to all foods processed on the premises before storing in
the refrigerator or freezer in accordance with Illinois Department of
Public Health regulations.
6. Maintains all kitchen areas in a
clean and sanitary manner. Records dish washing temperatures to
insure residents are served with sanitary dishes and flatware.
7. Interacts with nursing personnel during meal service to insure
that patient food service needs are met.
8. Delivers trays to
patient care areas.
9. Prepares, assembles and delivers
miscellaneous food items to patient care areas.
10. Washes and
puts away all dishes, pots and pans. Cleans dish room before end of
11. Operates sanitation equipment or manually cleans in
accordance with established procedures so items are cleaned,
sanitized, and dried.
12. Maintains productivity so adequate
supplies of production and service are available at all times.
13. Transports cleaned items to production and service areas.
14. Disassembles and cleans sanitation equipment.
food production equipment according to established procedures.
16. Prepares sanitation equipment and arranges work areas for
17. Hand wash items which are not machine
washable or when the dish machine is not working properly.
Complies with mandatory hand washing requirements and follows written
hand washing procedure to prevent contamination.
proper procedures for using kitchen equipment (steamer, ovens, etc)
to maintain safe and effective working environment.
Responsible for cleaning work areas, utensils and equipment and keep
in neat and sanitary manner.
21. Responsible for general
housekeeping functions (i.e., sweeping, mopping, cleaning walls,
cleaning refrigerators, etc.).
22. Assists cooks and other food
production personnel in the preparation and presentation of various
23. May collect and transport trash from various
food production and serving areas to the appropriate disposal area.
24. Assembles and portions food items (i.e., salads, desserts,
25. May prepare certain food items (i.e., coffee, grill
items, milk shakes, sandwiches, etc.).
26. Responsible for set
up, serving and breaking down of café service line in
accordance with standard operating procedures. Responsible for
restocking café service line with items such as cups, napkins,
sugar, ketchup, etc.
27. May assemble, operate, disassemble,
clean and sanitize various food preparation and service equipment
(i.e., coffeemakers, hot/cold food display counters, ice tea makers,
deep fat fryers, etc.).
28. Responsible for cleaning cafeteria
area, (i.e., tables, chairs, serving line).
29. May transport
food, supplies and equipment to and from food storage and serving
30. Completes daily and weekly cleaning assignments.
31. Completes required documentation, including production sheets,
temperature logs, cleaning schedules and meal count sheet.
Attends all employee meetings.
33. Help with preparation, set
up, serving and clean up of special functions.
various other food service related tasks and duties as required and
35. Successful completion of the Illinois Food
Service and Sanitation Course.
36. Assures that meal selections
meet guidelines for modified diets per diet manual/diet order.
37. Assists in assembly of meals and serves the meal to the
38. Collects tickets for meals and maintains a
pleasant environment in the café which is kept in an orderly,
clean, and sanitary.
39. Upon cook’s absence, food
service worker may be required to do the cook’s duties.
40. Maintains adequate supply of self-serve items properly