Foodservice Sales - Business Development Manager
Job Title: Foodservice Sales - Business Development Manager
Location: Los Angeles, CA
The Business Development Manager (BDM) role is responsible for generating new business across national, regional, & local Foodservice accounts (Restaurant, Rec-Retail) headquartered in the U.S. This role closely partners with the region foodservice sales teams & potential prospects to achieve the Annual Operating Plan (AOP) goals. Leveraging a 10-Step Selling Process the BDM will pursue Institutional & Emerging Concepts to help gain PepsiCo's fair-share of the Restaurant & Rec-Retail Industries.
- Assists in delivering sales & profit plan for Food & Beverage
- Delivers new customer acquisitions annual plan
- Takes strategic direction & drafts of principles & processes from National Business Development team
- Identifies emerging concepts & builds relationships with Economic Buyers as current &/or future prospects
- Actively manages multi-year new customer pipeline with support of COE resources (Blue Sky database)
- Creates monthly report-out of prospecting progress and results versus plan (COE Tracker)
- Identifies and Sells PO1 opportunities across Region in Restaurant/Rec-Retail channel regardless of core F&B partner
- Shares competitive intel back to COE / New Business Team
- Participates in COE/New Business Team training and updates
Education and Certifications:
- Bachelor's Degree
- Minimum of 5 years of sales experience; preferably with a consumer packaged goods organization
- Previous people management experience
Skills & Capabilities:
- Strong thought leadership and team management skills
- Acumen in diverse supply chain and distribution options and methods, including warehouse, Direct Store Delivery (DSD) and distributors
- Extensive knowledge of the company landscape and how to manage an effective network
- Superior time management skills, ability to handle multiple projects, set priorities and plan
- Strong use of influencing skills to gain alignment agreement and commitments
- Ability to work effectively within cross functional teams, proactively influence strategic decision making
- Strong communication, collaboration, influence and impact skills at all levels within an organization
- Self-Starter, ability to work independently in the absence of direct supervision
- Superior presentation development skills (Development and delivery to senior levels)
- Exceptional results orientation - with a high degree of personal initiative and leadership
- Must be willing and able to travel 40-50% of the time
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
PepsiCo is an equal opportunity employer Minorities/Females/People with Disabilities/Protected Veterans/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please download the available EEO is the Law (http://pep.jobs/eeo-poster) & EEO is the Law Supplement (http://pep.jobs/eeo-poster-supplement) documents by copying and pasting the appropriate URL in the address bar of your web browser.
To view our Pay Transparency Statement, please click here: Pay Transparency StatementJob Ref: 115249BR",
Performance with Purpose
Out performing ourselves is a rush. That's why we perform with purpose. Together, we blaze new trails, succeed, celebrate and then do something even bigger. We never settle for second best. At PepsiCo we're not just committed to performing well as individuals, but as a team, to strengthen the company as a whole.
Around the world, we're working hard to give people the tastes they crave and the nutrition they need. We dream globally and act locally, constantly innovating to sustain our planet, our people, our communities and our business practices. New markets mean new ways of doing business, and new ways of addressing health concerns, cultural differences and environmental challenges. Every day is an adventure, and an opportunity for personal and professional growth.