Foodservice Sales - Market Development Manager
Job Title: Foodservice Sales - Market Development Manager
Location: Salem, VA
PepsiCo Foodservice is a division of PepsiCo that brings the company's entire portfolio of food and beverage brands to market in out-of-home consumption channels to meet consumer needs at work, at play, and on the go.
Rooted in PepsiCo's \"Power of One\" principles, PepsiCo Foodservice leverages the scale and breadth of the corporation's brands to provide a unified voice to its customers and deliver competitive advantage in the fast-growing foodservice and vending channels.
The Market Development Manager (MDM) for Food Service Distributor Sales contributes to the success of the PepsiCo Foodservice by executing initiatives across five lines of business: Frito Lay, Quaker Oats, Tropicana, Gatorade and Pepsi for assigned Food Service distributors and territory operator base.
- Responsible for developing and maintaining a geographic territory while initiating operator call coverage throughout Virginia and West Virginia.
- Call coverage includes but is not limited to street operators, college and university, education, healthcare, business and industry outlets, national accounts, vend operators and education sectors.
- Responsible for all components of customer development including selling product, product merchandising, staff training, sales meetings, food show sales events, promotion execution, sampling events and equipment management.
- Sell in key products, new items and line extensions for all PepsiCo lines of business to generate consumer awareness and trial.
- Influence product mix and SKU management within distributor and customer base.
- Work with and consistently collaborate with Market Development Managers to achieve and exceed sales & volume plan.
- Work with Distributor Sales Representatives as well as Distributor Account Specialists to grow sales and strengthen relationships.
- Establish solid communication with operators & distributors to assist with problem solving and proactive planning.
- Proficient with MS Excel, Word and Powerpoint
- Report and update call coverage details within multiple data bases to include computer and tablet devices.
- The Sales Representative is expected to be in the field 5 days per week spending 90+% of working time in front of the customer.
- Ideal candidate would reside in Salem/Roanoke, Virginia markets; Candidates residing in the Charlottesville and/or Richmond, Virginia markets will be considered as well.
- Time and location management to align overnight travel.
- BA/BS required
- 2-3 years Foodservice, Hospitality ,Culinary Arts, or Distributor experience preferred
- 3-4 years Sales experience preferred
- Demonstrate professionalism and dependability
- Demonstrate collaboration and negotiating skills
- Ability and desire to work independently in the absence of direct
- Proven ability to consistently meet tight deadlines
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Ability to analyze and problem solve complex business issues
- Demonstrate strong communication and sales skills
- Some lifting (up to 50lbs) required as part of role
- Must be willing and able to travel
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
PepsiCo is an equal opportunity employer Minorities/Females/People with Disabilities/Protected Veterans/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please download the available EEO is the Law (http://pep.jobs/eeo-poster) & EEO is the Law Supplement (http://pep.jobs/eeo-poster-supplement) documents by copying and pasting the appropriate URL in the address bar of your web browser.
To view our Pay Transparency Statement, please click here: Pay Transparency StatementJob Ref: 114662BR",
Performance with Purpose
Out performing ourselves is a rush. That's why we perform with purpose. Together, we blaze new trails, succeed, celebrate and then do something even bigger. We never settle for second best. At PepsiCo we're not just committed to performing well as individuals, but as a team, to strengthen the company as a whole.
Around the world, we're working hard to give people the tastes they crave and the nutrition they need. We dream globally and act locally, constantly innovating to sustain our planet, our people, our communities and our business practices. New markets mean new ways of doing business, and new ways of addressing health concerns, cultural differences and environmental challenges. Every day is an adventure, and an opportunity for personal and professional growth.