General Labor - Sales - FT/Rotating Shifts (Seasonal)
Job Title: General Labor - Sales - FT/Rotating Shifts (Seasonal)
Location: Fort Wayne, IN
Category: Engineering, Manufacturing, Utilities
$12.00 per hour
This position requires lifting, loading, pushing and pulling cases weighing from 20-45 pounds repeatedly throughout a 10-12 hour work period. Also requires bending reaching and squatting to merchandise and display products. Position may be part or full-time.
PRIMARY JOB ACCOUNTABILITIES:
• Merchandise store shelving, coolers and displays with products in accounts assigned by supervisor
• Utilize point of purchase in each account
• Keep back room stock in neat and orderly condition
• Reset shelves, coolers, and other points of purchase to comply with established merchandising standards and negotiated customer contracts Position may include D-Bay driver accountabilities to include...
• Deliver products, serve customers, and execute all promotions to multiple stores each day
• Operate trucks requiring an appropriate CDL license (e.g., performing basic functions like driving forwards, driving backwards, or maneuvering in tight spaces, etc.)
• Service all scheduled customers by the end of the daily shift
• Merchandise and rotate all accounts to local standards (e.g., filling shelves, building displays, making products look attractive on shelves, rotating products, cleaning shelves, refilling out of stocks, removing out of date products, removing/returning shells, etc.)
• Push and pull pallet jacks, hand trucks and breakdowns to move products to and from truck
• Establish positive working relationships with primary contact at each account
• Comply with operating procedures (e.g., scan-in/scan-out, following designated route, etc.)
• Serve customers (e.g., communication, rapport building, attentiveness to customer needs, etc.)
• Follow DOT regulations
• Regular, reliable, predictable attendance.
• 18 years or older; 21 years or older if CDL required
• Must have car or personal transportation to access multi-store locations in assigned shift (if applicable)
• Valid drivers' license (if applicable); Proof of insurance; Valid CDL license (if required)
• Pass the drug test; Pass the background check
• Pass DOT physical and DOT Road Test (if applicable)
• Follow DOT Regulations
• Merchandising products (e.g., filling shelves, building displays, making products look attractive on shelves, rotating product, cleaning shelves, replacing out of stocks, removing out of date products, etc.)
• Operating handheld computers (e.g., inputting data, entering transactions, printing, etc.)
• Working for a retail business or grocery store (e.g., understanding store operations, knowing the backroom and inventory, stocking aisles and shelves, etc.)
• Moving products within a store (e.g., safely stacking and moving products on equipment such as a u-boat, hand truck/dolly and/or breakdown, etc.)
• Managing backroom/stock room inventory (e.g., organizing pallets, stacking//storing inventory/products)
• Serving customers (handling customer complaints, responding to customer requests, or meeting customer needs)
Performance with Purpose
Out performing ourselves is a rush. That's why we perform with purpose. Together, we blaze new trails, succeed, celebrate and then do something even bigger. We never settle for second best. At PepsiCo we're not just committed to performing well as individuals, but as a team, to strengthen the company as a whole.
Around the world, we're working hard to give people the tastes they crave and the nutrition they need. We dream globally and act locally, constantly innovating to sustain our planet, our people, our communities and our business practices. New markets mean new ways of doing business, and new ways of addressing health concerns, cultural differences and environmental challenges. Every day is an adventure, and an opportunity for personal and professional growth.