General Maintenance Tech (Orlando, FL area)
JobTitle: General Maintenance Tech (Orlando, FL area)
- Communicates with others in order to efficiently manage resources, time, and equipment to ensure maintenance duties are accomplished. Prioritizes routine and non-routine work assignments and works alongside others in order to effectively accomplish maintenance tasks and repairs.
- Completes work assignments and priorities
- Completes work orders and maintains records, logs, and other requisite documents according to established company procedures and policies. Submits all required paperwork in a timely and accurate fashion.
- Complies with company policies, procedures, and standards of ethics and integrity
- Inspects equipment as needed to ensure effective working order and assists in subsequent repair and maintenance. Proactively troubleshoots equipment problems to identify more significant problems or repair issues. When necessary, follows up on large maintenance-related projects to ensure maintenance work and repairs have been completed
- Performs preventative maintenance and minor repairs on doors, flooring, interior and exterior structures, as well as electrical, heating, ventilation, air conditioning, refrigeration, and plumbing systems.
- 1 year experience in mechanical maintenance or construction-related field or commercial HVAC/R amd building controls related field.
Additional Preferred Qualifications
- Vocational or Technical Heating, Ventilation, Air Conditioning, and Refrigeration (HVAC/R) certification.
What started small, with a single discount store and the simple idea of selling more for less, has grown over the last 50 years into the largest retailer in the world. Today, nearly 260 million customers visit our more than 11,500 stores under 72 banners in 28 countries and e-commerce sites in 11 countries each week. With fiscal year 2016 revenue of $482.1 billion, Walmart employs 2.3 million associates worldwide – 1.5 million in the U.S. alone. It’s all part of our unwavering commitment to creating opportunities and bringing value to customers and communities around the world.