General Maintenance Technician-Real Estate
JobTitle: General Maintenance Technician-Real Estate
- The successful candidate will live in or relocate to the Atlanta, GA area. Performs preventative maintenance and minor repairs on doors, flooring, interior and exterior structures, as well as electrical, heating, ventilation, air conditioning, refrigeration, and plumbing systems.
- Communicates with others in order to efficiently manage resources, time, and equipment to ensure maintenance duties are accomplished. Prioritizes routine and non-routine work assignments and works alongside others in order to effectively accomplish maintenance tasks and repairs.
- Inspects equipment as needed to ensure effective working order and assists in subsequent repair and maintenance. Proactively troubleshoots equipment problems to identify more significant problems or repair issues. When necessary, follows up on large maintenance-related projects to ensure maintenance work and repairs have been completed by others.
- Completes work orders and maintains records, logs, and other requisite documents according to established company procedures and policies. Submits all required paperwork in a timely and accurate fashion.
- Completes work assignments and priorities by using policies, data, and resources; collaborating with managers, co-workers, customers, and other business partners; identifying priorities, deadlines, and expectations; carrying out tasks; communicating progress and information; determining and recommending ways to address improvement opportunities; and adapting to and learning from change, difficulties, and feedback.
- Complies with company policies, procedures, and standards of ethics and integrity by implementing related action plans; using the Open Door Policy; and applying these in executing business processes and practices.
- Vocational/Technical certification and 6 months of hands-on facilities operations/maintenance experience in the areas of general maintenance, plumbing, basic electrical work, etc. OR 2 years of hands-on facilities operations/maintenance experience in the areas of general maintenance, plumbing, basic electrical work, etc.
- Microsoft Office Suite and Outlook with general computer skills
- Valid driver’s license
Additional Preferred Qualifications
- Completion of a 2 year Vocational or Technical program such as HVAC, Plumbing or Electrical
- Relevant industry certifications or license
Wal-Mart Stores, Inc. (NYSE: WMT) serves customers and members more than 208 million times per week at more than 8,600 retail units under 59 different banners in 15 countries. With fiscal year 2010 sales of $405 billion, Wal-Mart employs more than 2 million associates worldwide.